“Needs help.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant

You added Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Hwy 17, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Atlanta
“Needs help.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here 9/1/2012 the front desk employees were very pleasant

1) the pool was cloudy and in need of resurfacing. The plaster is peeling
2) we checked into room 305 and 3 light bulbs were missing maintenance came up and robbed them from across the hall.
3) the hvac was full of mold when I pulled out the unit. My son has asthma so we elected to check out and go to the Holiday Inn Express next door. The remodel is not bad but they put the majority into the bathrooms and not the rest of the room in my opinion.n

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIManager15, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear bshaw1211,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay.

Please know that we are taking your comments to heart and making changes where possible so that we don't inconvenience any other guests with situations that occurred as in your instance. I offer my apologies for the problems that you encountered.

Again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will consider our property again should your travels bring you back to the Charleston area.

David Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights 8/19/12-8/21/12 and got disappointed about the room condition. The room is small, but the worse thing is that shower has no hot water. We believe they intentionally adjust the water temperature to .... warm only. We have to get hot water from the sink to use for shower. Plus, swimming pool is not clean and NO spa either. That's so terrible for "3-star-hotel".
We recommend you not to stay in this hotel.
Phan,
Lexington, SC

Room Tip: We recommend you not to stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIManager15, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear HPhan,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our managers at our daily meeting to discuss areas of improvement and how we can correct any issues that we have.

I do appreciate your review and thank you for your time. I do hope that if the opportunity to choose a hotel in the Mt Pleasant area, you will consider us.

beaufort, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ok, the location is perfect and the staff was very nice. however the room smelt like dirty towels and mildew, the popcorn ceilings are gross, the sheets are worn, the gym is a joke, a 1980's treadmill and a strange stair stepper does not a gym make, the pool is great but some clean pool towels would be nice, same for gym space. there appears to be a pub downstairs but there is no One in it including staff. Our room was cleaned until 4pm. it is a beautiful building, but time for an overall. I would be disappointed if you are thinking three stars. One would expect more at the foot of the Cooper River Bridge on MT. Pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear rdopwo,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Charleston/Mt Pleasant.

I am sorry for your experience and we will take your comments and use these to improve our service and product. I would like to ask, if possible, for a reply back to me with your room number as we would like to ensure that we have addressed these issues that you have listed.

My personal e-mail address is listed below for your use.

Thank you for your time and we hope that you will consider our property again should that opportunity happen.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Was traveling in the Charleston area for business and called late to make a reservation. Was told that I had a king room, but upon check in they didn't have anymore and was upgraded to a suite. The room needed new carpet, paint, etc (a good facelift). The worst part was the bathroom. The shower had mold and mildew all in it. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I had wore my flip flops luckily I had them to shower. The hotel needs renovating to get to what I think HI's should be. Go to the HI Express basically next door as it is new and much cleaner. I stayed there the next night

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HIManager15, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear cmcraven,

I read your review and am most disappointed.

I am sorry for the situations of the cleanliness in the bathroom that you experienced and want to investigate this to ensure that we have corrected these issues. We have a new Executive Housekeeper who has taken great pride in correcting the cleanliness issues we have had in the past. We have made very good strides in the last 20-30 days but continue to work on these issues. If I can ask that you reply to me via my e-mail address or at the hotel directly to provide me the information of the room you occupied, it would be most helpful.

My e-mail is david.jones@pillarhotels.com and my direct office number is 843 416 3103. Your reply would be most appreciated as we are continuing to correct any issues we find but most importantly, the issues our guests find.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Longwood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Upon checking in I was requested to give my credit card. When I explained the room was prepaid, the desk clerk said they still needed the card and they would bill it $25.00. In the event that I did not spend that amount, he would then credit my account at check out. When I questioned such a policy, I was told that was done at all hotels. I stated that I had never been automatically billed when I checked into any hotel in the world. It was not until I stated that I would never stay at a Holiday Inn ever again that the clerk decided he did not need to automatically bill me.
Holiday Inn was doing a special $75 rebate if you stay two weekend nights. There were qualifying guidelines provided at the website. When we made the reservations we were billed $190 per night. The rebate form stated that it was the best price available. And, if we found a cheaper rate, they would honor it. I was so disappointed with the quality of this location that I used their lobby computer to verify the rates the nights we were there. It was $159.00. At check out, I bought this to the attention of the SAME desk clerk and he had to check with his manager to get approval for the refund.
Even at $159, this was an overpriced hotel. The air conditioner was in the room, the halls appeared to have NO air conditioning. The breakfast, which is complimentary at most establishments in this price range, was $8 for cold or $11 for hot. Reading other reviews, someone mentioned free drinks and appetizers. They either stopped that policy or failed to mention that little detail to me on check in.
So, I would state that every thing from check in to check out was below my expectations.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HIManager15, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear peghiggins,

I appreciate your review and would like to offer some explanations.

To your comment regarding the request for a credit card. As a policy, we ask all of our guests upon check-in for a credit card for incidentals. This allows the guest the opportunity to charge meals, drinks and phone calls to their room without any issue. We do authorize the credit card for $25 upon your check in. This is an authorization only and is not an actual charge. When you go to check out, should you have no charges, there is no further information sent to your credit card or bank and the authorization is released. I do want to emphasize that at no time do we have your money and that it is only an authorization and not a charge.

My next explanation is the promotion that you referred to. I do hope that you have sent in your paperwork for this as it is a great promotion and anything we can do to save money is a great thing.

The next explanation is the rate that you paid. Your reservation is what Holiday Inn is offering called "Book Early and Save". The promotion offers a discount based on the rate that we were offering at the time of the reservation. Upon check out you mentioned the different rate that you found and I am glad to hear that we honored that request.

You did mention that you were dissatisfied with portions of your stay and I would like to ask for you to take a bit more of your time and reply back to me with any information that you can provide that would assist us in improving our stay for our guests. You did mention the breakfast and that you read of comments on this website about that. We do have separate rates that do include breakfast however your rate did not. I understand the confusion between Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express as they do offer a complimentary continental breakfast, again however, our property as do all full service Holiday Inn's does not. In regards to the drinks and appetizers, we do offer a Managers Reception on Wednesday that has complimentary beverages and hors d'ourves and that is a popular event.

Thank you for your review and I have attached my personal e-mail below for any information you can offer that will help us improve our service.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My first time writing a review but our experience was so bad I felt I had to. Roach crawling on wall in room and pulled back bedding and were two bugs in sheets. Needless to say, we packed up and left. The hallways and rooms smell very musty, made it hard to breathe. The window was so dirty you couldn't see out of it. I would avoid this place! When I called to get refund was told they were spraying for bugs that day if we wanted to come back. No way!!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Texantravels01,

I have read your review and I am first, sorry for our reaction and second, the situation.

I am attaching my personal e-mail to this communication and I would appreciate some more information that we can investigate and correct this issue. A reply via e-mail that gives me your room number and date of stay so that I can work on getting this issue fixed. We have a pest control company that we hire and they assist us in ensuring that we are catching any issues before they become issues. In your case, it doesn't seem to be that we did that but we want to ensure that we take immediate steps to fix this.

I do apologize for this situation and I hope for a reply so that we can remedy this situation.

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here on the way to Mrytle Beach. Not far from Airport. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast!!! Beds were big and room smelled wonderful. Starbucks nearby also. Only a short stay but would stay here if we decide to vacation in Charleston.

Room Tip: Call ahead rooms do fill up fast. We were booked at another hotel but didn't check in when we s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HIManager15, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Kelly F,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am quite pleased that you were happy with your accommodations and the service you received. I will share your comments with the staff at our next weekly meeting and I'm quite sure they will be as pleased as I am.

Thank you again and we hope that if your travels bring you to Charleston/Mt Pleasant again anytime, we are your first choice.