“Nice hotel. Great location. Excellent service.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice hotel. Great location. Excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights while in town for a baseball tournament. The overall guess service experience was great. We had the pool practically to ourselves the entire time we were there. The free coffee in lobby 24/7 was nice.

Only 2 minor complaints and that is that there is no free continental breakfast, the buffet breakfast runs around $10-11 a head so we didn't eat breakfast, especially since kids do not eat free.

The ceiling / walls are very thin. When the guests staying above us got up at 7:00am, we could clearly hear them walking on the floor which woke me up, and could even hear when they took a shower and dropped the soap. (Oops) Anyhow, overall we had a great experience and the property is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in town. Please come stay with us again soon. Kindest Regards, AMiller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Spring Lake, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stay at this hotel whenever we visit Charleston, and we like it a lot. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and clean, and the decor is superb. It'a a little out of the way if you plan on spending a lot of time in Charleston, but from a price point it's worth the drive. I don't know what it is with these lower-tiered chains, though; I think that if they paid the front desk staff more, they'd, I don't know, SMILE more? Act like they're happy to be there? But don't let that stop you; this is a true gem of a hotel, and Marriott should be very proud of it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. Our flight had been delayed and we did not arrive to the hotel until almost 3 AM but there was a friendly man at the front desk who greeted us and got us up to our rooms quickly. We were exhausted so this was appreciated! Also, this hotel was very quick and easy to get to from the airport. Maybe about a 20 minute drive.

The room and bathroom were very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable with a couple of different pillows to choose from based on your preference. We weren't at this hotel for more than 8 hours, but based on what we saw the lobby and pool area were beautiful and looked clean.

The location of the hotel was perfect for what we needed (a nice place to stay before going to Isle of Palms the next day for a week). If you prefered to not stay in Charleston or right on the beach due to hotel prices in the city, I think that this would be a great alternative as it is about a 15 min drive to Charleston and also a 15 minute drive to Isle of Palm and Sullivan's Island beaches.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you had a nice time staying with us! So very sorry that it was for such a short time, but glad we could take care of you prior to your vacation on the Isle of Palms. Don't hesitate to let us know when you're coming back to the area. We would love to have you visit with us again. Kindest Regards, AMiller
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This stay was amazing we stayed for my birthday last year. the room was amazing, large and so very comfortable. we stayed in the room with the whirlpool bathtub. it was so very relaxing and it was very romantic. the shower was amazing as well. the hotel itself was beautiful and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've stayed here twice now. The rooms are nice, pretty big and very clean. The location is good. A quick drive to IOP and Sullivan's Island. I would stay here again. It's a good option in Mt Pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Front Desk and Housekeeping teams were so friendly and helpful. My room was clean and spacious. The location is great, very easy to get pretty much every where in Mount Pleasant and Charleston is just a few minutes away. I enjoyed my stay, and look forward to staying again on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you are a frequent traveler you will love this property. I have had some nightmare experiences with some Marriott locations and approach each visit to one cautiously.

My arrival was late around 10 pm and to my surprise... Everything was PERFECT! Outside of the Marriott in Manila this location is high on my list.

Don't let the investment get in the way of having a great experience. They did not have an upgrade for me due to my status as a platinum member their standard room was AMAZING!

Once I clicked on the lights a huge smile came on my face. The furniture was updated and had a great luxury feel to the entire room. You will have a high end experience. The entire hotel was clean and the staff was awesome. the truly will do anything to make sure you have a great stay.

The location is great! It's safe and close to some really great restaurants and attractions. It's one of the Marriott hotels that should even consider charging a higher rate than average. The price matches the value.

Like others try to get a room with a balcony!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Courtyard Chalreston Mt. Pleasant. I am delighted to understand that your stay was a success. Knowing that our guests feel taken care of is so important to our staff. I will certainly share your kind words with each of them. Please don't hesitate to stay with us again when you return. Most kind regards.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!