“Southern Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Atlanta, Georgia
“Southern Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during Family Cup Circle tennis tournament. We arrived late Friday night. Upon arrival check in was so easy it scared me. The hotel was filled to capacity so was the parking lot. The night manager told us to park at the front door. The room was larger than we expected. Saturday morning we went to the restaurant for breakfast and the service was amazing. Two ladies who worked there (unfortunately we did not get their names) were very helpful and engaging. They offered directions to the tennis area, shopping areas, and advised us of small things like where to park for best rate and security. Overall this hotel offered southern hospitality that was not expected. The beds were very comfortable. Customer service, location, and brand will make this hotel one that I would stay whenever I am in the Charleston area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed here on business many times and have not been disappointed. The staff is friendly and always helpful. I like staying on the first floor near the laundry room, so I can have clean clothes for the balance of my business trip. Many good restaurants in the area including chains (P.F. Changs and Longhorn Steakhouse) and local affairs (Five Loaves and North on 17). Bar off the lobby is nice, but not always sure when it is going to be open. The only downside to staying here is that it is near the beach at Isle of Palms and they jack up the room rates during the summer season. Otherwise, it's one of the nicer Courtyards around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write about your experiences at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Mt. Pleasant. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in the area. Kindest Regards, AMiller
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited for a family wedding. Location is immediately off the interstate but rooms were quiet. Check in was speedy and our third floor room was perfect. I did not read on the website that a refrigerator was included so that was a nice surprise. Plenty of room with the two queens, desk and chairs. Large bathroom but it was very difficult to get the temperature in the shower just right. Fine line between scalding and freezing.

Server in the lobby bar was great with our large post-wedding party. Breakfast was not included, I think the buffet was $10 but there was also a menu from which you could order.
We got bagels and donuts from Carolina Bagels and Dunkin Donuts nearby and ate by the pool. Hot tub was hot but jets didn't work.

Location is about 15 mins from the beach at Isle of Palms and 20 minutes from Charleston. Would definitely stay again.

We did get in trouble at 11:30pm for singing happy birthday in one of our guest rooms, which was totally understandable. But knowing we booked our rooms as part of the wedding block, it might have been a good idea to keep us together instead of putting us on three separate floors. Might have had something to do with the tennis and lacrosse teams also visiting...

Room Tip: Only elevator is not located in the lobby so I would not want a room on the first floor between the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. We're so glad you had a nice visit. Normally we try to keep wedding parties close together, but you are exactly right the sports teams may have interrupted that process! Please let us know when you are planning your next visit. We would be delighted to have you as our guest another time. Kindest Regards, AMiller
Mt Pleasant
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This Courtyard has beautiful furnishings. That's about the only positive thing I can say. Other reviewers have said what I am about to say-the beds are SO hard. They seem really old. When I arrived on Sunday evening at 8, the restaurant on site was closed. The gorgeous lobby bar? Also closed. Good thing it's near a lot of restaurants, but I was so tired that I honestly did not want to have to leave again.The man at the front desk was no where to be found when I arrived, so I stood there at least 5 full minutes waiting. When he finally came out of the back room, he was less than happy to help get me checked in.

I usually love Marriott, but this was not a good experience for me.

Room Tip: Get the 3rd floor if possible...lot of noise outside.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as it's just down the highway from our office, the hotel provided well for our needs, the staff being particularly helpful in recommending local restaurants. The hotel is around 25 minutes drive from Charleston airport and seems good for business or pleasure.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped, with a pleasant view across the grounds. The breakfast had lots of variety and was pretty good. The wifi is free and worked ok 95% of the time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First stayed here in January 2012 and returned again in January 2013. This place is one of the nicer Courtyards I have been too. The rooms are clean, the lobby is pretty and the whole place is nicely decorated. The pool in the back looks very pleasant, but it was too cold to take advantage of it in January. My only issue is that the beds are not that comfortable. I think they could use updating.

The location is just right for a visit to Mt. Pleasant or IOP. Most of the road work out front and down the street has been completed (last year there was construction everywhere it seemed). The price is also very favorable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool in the back.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This beautifully decorated property has terrible beds and construction to a major roadway going on 24 hours a day. If the bed doesn't get you the back up beepers will! Otherwise, the property was clean, water pressure good, current/fresh decor, helpful staff and spacious rooms. However, I am mostly paying for the bed and how rested I feel after staying in a hotel.

Room Tip: I am not sure where you could go in this hotel for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!