“Our favorite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cottages on Charleston Harbor

Save Saved
You added The Cottages on Charleston Harbor to your Saves list
The Cottages on Charleston Harbor
16 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 (Formerly Belvidere Club & Resort)   |
wilmington, nc
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have stayed at the Cottages several times during the last few years at holidays, summertime and fall, and have not wanted to leave when it was time to go. We find the location very convenient, the staff very helpful and friendly and the cottages equipped with everything you could need for your stay. Yes, the cottages are showing a little wear, but we've always found them clean and neat, and if we used all of the creamer, tea or coffee, a note to the housekeeper and it was restocked. Noise from the resort next door was no worse than the kids in the other cottages and at the pool. The only negative comment I have is that they are difficult to book for weekends and holidays now that they are so popular.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront cottage...there is only one lagoon cottage.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
the keys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The place was adorable. We traveled with one other couple while doing some boating and visiting Charleston, Isle of Palms, and Sullivan's Island. We had our own cottage with a kitchen and each bedroom has its own private bath, which is a plus. Small intimate resort. The staff was outstanding an went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The Cottages are located in an ideal location for traveling to downtown, less that a 10 minute drive. The decor is a little tired BUT the atmosphere and serenity of this resort makes up for that. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. We had a wonderful time while staying there.

Room Tip: Cottage 3 has a great view of Charleston.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We loved the cottages and it was a great venue for a cousins' reunion -2 mature couples.
The serenity and the view at dawn across the harbour to Charleston was gorgeous.
However, yes, some bits are a little tired -especially where exposed to the sea air.
Housekeeping was irregular and things like tea and coffee were not replaced.
One surprise was the early start of the wedding parties! The complex was booked out for the weekend for a wedding -but several cottages were booked all week - and from mid week the site was over run with outside visitors as well as those booked in -with loud music at the pool and playing group games on the lawn outside our cottage at sunset -when we would have enjoyed being on our deck in peace!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This was one of the best family vacations we have ever taken. We drove to the Cottages at Charleston Harbor on Christmas Day from DC and were immediately ensconsed in a beautiful world of southern hospitality. The cottage we stayed in--"Heaven"--was absolutely lovely. Well-appointed, comfortable decor and a great layout. There were two bedrooms, a sofa bed in the living room and three bathrooms. Our cottage faced Charleston Harbor, where we got to gaze on tranquil palm trees and palmettos, while huge barges and cruise ships would incongruously sail by. The location is excellent because it is just across the bridge from DT Charleston, so all of our day trips took us back to our tranquil cottage. Mt. Pleasant is a charming, upscale suburb of Charleston and a fantastic Whole Foods (and other stores) are nearby. The kitchen is perfectly stocked with top-shelf cooking supplies and the whole cottage layout lends itself well to housing a family of five very comfortably. We had a very nice continental breakfast every morning in the club house and the concierges were all extremely helpful. We loved it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Moore, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our 2nd visit to the cottages. We will become regulars. We started the week traveling in the Northeast but the weather was so bad we had to return to SC. We called on our way down and they had a cottage available. Cottage # 6 – Everything was perfect. I cannot remember when I have relaxed so much. Sitting on the porch looking at the harbor is close to heaven. We were there during restaurant week and made reservations for all 3 nights – we canceled 2 nights to stay on the porch and watch wildlife in the harbor. (Fish, birds, fishermen) We love the location. We have stayed downtown when visiting Charleston for years but this is better. We can go downtown for dining and shopping and Visit the beach at the Isle of Palms and return to the peace of this cottage. They will have to get used to seeing us around, we will be coming back again and again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
College Park, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We're a group of four girlfriends, who leave husbands, children, and boyfriends behind for a week every summer. Due to budget constraints, this year's trip had to happen in the US and on the eastern seaboard. One of my friends randomly happened upon the Cottages on Charleston Harbor. We'd never been to Charleston and the website photos looked good, so we took a chance. Oh my gosh, this place is amazing! The cottage is very beachy, and with all of the palm trees around, we still got the island, tropical feeling of our past trips. The property is in a prime location, with easy access to Charleston (a 5 minute drive over the bridge or by water-taxi) as well as local beaches. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that our cottage had three bathrooms! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. With only 10 cottages on the property, it felt very secluded and cozy. Originally we were a little disappointed not to be able to take one of our Caribbean island jaunts, however we were so happy with our time at the Cottages and in Charleston that we all rated this trip as one of our all-time favorite vacations! I almost hate the idea of writing a glowing review because I want this place to stay a well-kept secret so the prices will continue to be so reasonable. I'm already thinking about when can I get a chance to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I will be very honest with this review. I booked this vacation for my seven daughters and myself. I was having trouble finding a reservation for the dates I needed where we could all be together. I came across a "girlfriends weekend special" at The Cottages on Charleston Harbor and immediately booked two cottages. I had to pay for a night at each cottage because the arrival date was so close to the booking date. I did all this before checking trip advisor which is something I never do. When I did go to trip advisor I was a nervous wreck because of some of the negative reviews and I could not get a refund.

With that being said I absolutely can not wait to book there again. I felt like a queen. We travel lots and this was one of the nicest places I have been at for the price that is offered. Each cottage has a screened in back porch the full length of the cottage with a hammock, three ceiling fans, and seating for 8 with a table. You walk down the steps and are literally feet from the water. The view is spectacular. From our cottages we could see Moultrie Island, a pier, and the coast of Charleston.
Inside I found both cottages to be immaculate. Both cottages were decorated beautifully.One of my daughters said it was the best she had ever slept away from home because the bed was so comfortable. Full well stocked kitchen. Linens were immaculate. T.V. and DVD in each room. A selection of DVD's in each cottage. Three bathrooms in each two bedroom cottage.
The cottages were located away from any traffic. So quiet and peaceful. Walking distance to the Water Taxi that we rode over to Charleston. It is also an easy drive by car. The cottages provide bikes you can use with no charge and there is plenty of room to safely ride them.
Now on to the staff. Upon my arrival I was greeted by James who invited me to refreshments while I waited for my cottages to finish being cleaned. The lobby or main house is beautiful and comfortable. Tony then showed me around the premises, introducing me to any employee we would see.Encouraging me to ask if we needed anything. Extremely professional. That evening I went and asked Tony where to eat and he gave us excellent suggestions. Then he had a discussion with my daughters about the history of the courting bench in front of the main office. Very charming. The next morning I met Christa who was possibly the nicest and friendliest of all. Christa was setting breakfast out and taking great pride in doing it. I commented on the quiche and she said "I really hope people like it, I try to keep the food interesting" The food was delicious, all top quality. I needed help with the computer and she stopped what she was doing to help. When I asked one day for directions she insisted on getting maps. I could not say a negative thing about any staff. I even forgot my phone charger and they mailed it back. I felt as if they were really genuine caring people, not an act.
I will definitely book again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Cottages on Charleston Harbor? Share your experiences!