“2nd Visit and will return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cottages on Charleston Harbor

You added The Cottages on Charleston Harbor to your Saves list
The Cottages on Charleston Harbor
16 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 (Formerly Belvidere Club & Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Third Night 50% OFF
Moore, South Carolina
“2nd Visit and will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our 2nd visit to the cottages. We will become regulars. We started the week traveling in the Northeast but the weather was so bad we had to return to SC. We called on our way down and they had a cottage available. Cottage # 6 – Everything was perfect. I cannot remember when I have relaxed so much. Sitting on the porch looking at the harbor is close to heaven. We were there during restaurant week and made reservations for all 3 nights – we canceled 2 nights to stay on the porch and watch wildlife in the harbor. (Fish, birds, fishermen) We love the location. We have stayed downtown when visiting Charleston for years but this is better. We can go downtown for dining and shopping and Visit the beach at the Isle of Palms and return to the peace of this cottage. They will have to get used to seeing us around, we will be coming back again and again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
College Park, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We're a group of four girlfriends, who leave husbands, children, and boyfriends behind for a week every summer. Due to budget constraints, this year's trip had to happen in the US and on the eastern seaboard. One of my friends randomly happened upon the Cottages on Charleston Harbor. We'd never been to Charleston and the website photos looked good, so we took a chance. Oh my gosh, this place is amazing! The cottage is very beachy, and with all of the palm trees around, we still got the island, tropical feeling of our past trips. The property is in a prime location, with easy access to Charleston (a 5 minute drive over the bridge or by water-taxi) as well as local beaches. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that our cottage had three bathrooms! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. With only 10 cottages on the property, it felt very secluded and cozy. Originally we were a little disappointed not to be able to take one of our Caribbean island jaunts, however we were so happy with our time at the Cottages and in Charleston that we all rated this trip as one of our all-time favorite vacations! I almost hate the idea of writing a glowing review because I want this place to stay a well-kept secret so the prices will continue to be so reasonable. I'm already thinking about when can I get a chance to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I will be very honest with this review. I booked this vacation for my seven daughters and myself. I was having trouble finding a reservation for the dates I needed where we could all be together. I came across a "girlfriends weekend special" at The Cottages on Charleston Harbor and immediately booked two cottages. I had to pay for a night at each cottage because the arrival date was so close to the booking date. I did all this before checking trip advisor which is something I never do. When I did go to trip advisor I was a nervous wreck because of some of the negative reviews and I could not get a refund.

With that being said I absolutely can not wait to book there again. I felt like a queen. We travel lots and this was one of the nicest places I have been at for the price that is offered. Each cottage has a screened in back porch the full length of the cottage with a hammock, three ceiling fans, and seating for 8 with a table. You walk down the steps and are literally feet from the water. The view is spectacular. From our cottages we could see Moultrie Island, a pier, and the coast of Charleston.
Inside I found both cottages to be immaculate. Both cottages were decorated beautifully.One of my daughters said it was the best she had ever slept away from home because the bed was so comfortable. Full well stocked kitchen. Linens were immaculate. T.V. and DVD in each room. A selection of DVD's in each cottage. Three bathrooms in each two bedroom cottage.
The cottages were located away from any traffic. So quiet and peaceful. Walking distance to the Water Taxi that we rode over to Charleston. It is also an easy drive by car. The cottages provide bikes you can use with no charge and there is plenty of room to safely ride them.
Now on to the staff. Upon my arrival I was greeted by James who invited me to refreshments while I waited for my cottages to finish being cleaned. The lobby or main house is beautiful and comfortable. Tony then showed me around the premises, introducing me to any employee we would see.Encouraging me to ask if we needed anything. Extremely professional. That evening I went and asked Tony where to eat and he gave us excellent suggestions. Then he had a discussion with my daughters about the history of the courting bench in front of the main office. Very charming. The next morning I met Christa who was possibly the nicest and friendliest of all. Christa was setting breakfast out and taking great pride in doing it. I commented on the quiche and she said "I really hope people like it, I try to keep the food interesting" The food was delicious, all top quality. I needed help with the computer and she stopped what she was doing to help. When I asked one day for directions she insisted on getting maps. I could not say a negative thing about any staff. I even forgot my phone charger and they mailed it back. I felt as if they were really genuine caring people, not an act.
I will definitely book again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

The most relaxing vacation we could imagine. It excelled in all our priorities, beautiful gardens, gorgeous views, quiet and relaxing with uniquely decorated cottages. Nothing cookie-cutter about this place. The art, the furniture and even the books in the shelves were well selected and appreciated. It is a magnificent place and felt like our private home away from home. To go somewhere so pleasant and restful is such a joy.
Straddlefork@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The staff-mainly Christa were extremely rude and unprofessional, and therefore made our experience at the cottages unpleasant. I was shocked by the manner to which she spoke to me and my family. I also found it very interesting how accomadating they were UNTIL we checked in, they are lacking greatly in costomer service skills. The cottages are nice on the surface but not clean at all or well managed. This is an expensive place to stay in Charleston and clearly not worth the money. Take your family somewhere else!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The cottages are superior and the location is convenient to everything in Mt Pleasant and a short drive to Chalreston.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
york, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The staff were very happy to show us around and talk it up when we visited a few months ago; we were highly impressed... it's a great great looking place and we booked well in advance with high expectations and in eager anticipation of a wonderful stay.

the arrival was ok, but the staff was not at all very helpful or accommodating and never once checked on our needs over the course of our 4 day stay; the cottages (we had 4 total) looked ok on the surface, but the cleanliness was very sub-standard... living room couches are a little wear and tear and need to be cleaned; the kitchen floors were filthy (used a paper towel to wipe up a little spilled water and it was black with dirt), and the bathroom tile grouting was heavily mildewed in places; under and behind beds and furniture, there were huge dust bunnies and other various and sundry unidentifiable stuff.

the housekeeping staff were courteous and very helpful, but the management was totally unprofessional, rude, and downright combative at times... their customer service skills leave a lot to be desired.

overall, the experience at the cottages was just ok... bad taste in our mouths over the 4 days and left with the very uncomfortable feeling that the management there could not have cared less about us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Cottages on Charleston Harbor? Share your experiences!