“An amazing view! Very professional service! Decide for yourself.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cottages on Charleston Harbor

Save Saved
You added The Cottages on Charleston Harbor to your Saves list
The Cottages on Charleston Harbor
16 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 (Formerly Belvidere Club & Resort)   |
north carolina
“An amazing view! Very professional service! Decide for yourself.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I will be very honest with this review. I booked this vacation for my seven daughters and myself. I was having trouble finding a reservation for the dates I needed where we could all be together. I came across a "girlfriends weekend special" at The Cottages on Charleston Harbor and immediately booked two cottages. I had to pay for a night at each cottage because the arrival date was so close to the booking date. I did all this before checking trip advisor which is something I never do. When I did go to trip advisor I was a nervous wreck because of some of the negative reviews and I could not get a refund.

With that being said I absolutely can not wait to book there again. I felt like a queen. We travel lots and this was one of the nicest places I have been at for the price that is offered. Each cottage has a screened in back porch the full length of the cottage with a hammock, three ceiling fans, and seating for 8 with a table. You walk down the steps and are literally feet from the water. The view is spectacular. From our cottages we could see Moultrie Island, a pier, and the coast of Charleston.
Inside I found both cottages to be immaculate. Both cottages were decorated beautifully.One of my daughters said it was the best she had ever slept away from home because the bed was so comfortable. Full well stocked kitchen. Linens were immaculate. T.V. and DVD in each room. A selection of DVD's in each cottage. Three bathrooms in each two bedroom cottage.
The cottages were located away from any traffic. So quiet and peaceful. Walking distance to the Water Taxi that we rode over to Charleston. It is also an easy drive by car. The cottages provide bikes you can use with no charge and there is plenty of room to safely ride them.
Now on to the staff. Upon my arrival I was greeted by James who invited me to refreshments while I waited for my cottages to finish being cleaned. The lobby or main house is beautiful and comfortable. Tony then showed me around the premises, introducing me to any employee we would see.Encouraging me to ask if we needed anything. Extremely professional. That evening I went and asked Tony where to eat and he gave us excellent suggestions. Then he had a discussion with my daughters about the history of the courting bench in front of the main office. Very charming. The next morning I met Christa who was possibly the nicest and friendliest of all. Christa was setting breakfast out and taking great pride in doing it. I commented on the quiche and she said "I really hope people like it, I try to keep the food interesting" The food was delicious, all top quality. I needed help with the computer and she stopped what she was doing to help. When I asked one day for directions she insisted on getting maps. I could not say a negative thing about any staff. I even forgot my phone charger and they mailed it back. I felt as if they were really genuine caring people, not an act.
I will definitely book again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

The most relaxing vacation we could imagine. It excelled in all our priorities, beautiful gardens, gorgeous views, quiet and relaxing with uniquely decorated cottages. Nothing cookie-cutter about this place. The art, the furniture and even the books in the shelves were well selected and appreciated. It is a magnificent place and felt like our private home away from home. To go somewhere so pleasant and restful is such a joy.
Straddlefork@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The staff-mainly Christa were extremely rude and unprofessional, and therefore made our experience at the cottages unpleasant. I was shocked by the manner to which she spoke to me and my family. I also found it very interesting how accomadating they were UNTIL we checked in, they are lacking greatly in costomer service skills. The cottages are nice on the surface but not clean at all or well managed. This is an expensive place to stay in Charleston and clearly not worth the money. Take your family somewhere else!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The cottages are superior and the location is convenient to everything in Mt Pleasant and a short drive to Chalreston.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
york, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The staff were very happy to show us around and talk it up when we visited a few months ago; we were highly impressed... it's a great great looking place and we booked well in advance with high expectations and in eager anticipation of a wonderful stay.

the arrival was ok, but the staff was not at all very helpful or accommodating and never once checked on our needs over the course of our 4 day stay; the cottages (we had 4 total) looked ok on the surface, but the cleanliness was very sub-standard... living room couches are a little wear and tear and need to be cleaned; the kitchen floors were filthy (used a paper towel to wipe up a little spilled water and it was black with dirt), and the bathroom tile grouting was heavily mildewed in places; under and behind beds and furniture, there were huge dust bunnies and other various and sundry unidentifiable stuff.

the housekeeping staff were courteous and very helpful, but the management was totally unprofessional, rude, and downright combative at times... their customer service skills leave a lot to be desired.

overall, the experience at the cottages was just ok... bad taste in our mouths over the 4 days and left with the very uncomfortable feeling that the management there could not have cared less about us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Let me start off by saying we have stayed in some very nice places over the years and have high expectations wherever we stay. My husband and I recently stayed at the Cottages for a long weekend and really loved the location. Great to be on the harbor, I loved watching the boats...however the cottage we were in was not on the harbor, but on the pond so we did not have harbor views. This was a little disappointing but still enjoyed our porch and hammock overlooking the pond. The cottage itself was very nice, everything you need to be completely comfortable, great kitchen, living area w/gas fireplace was very nice. The cottages seem to be showing a little age as some of the tile is cracked in the bathrooms and kitchen area. The bed slept great, no complaints there at all! The staff was very nice and accomodating, breakfast was a simple continental, w/danishes, muffins, some fruit and yogurt, juice and coffee. They also provided cake and cookies throughout the day. The pool area was very nice and relaxing as well. The "beach area" that is in front of the cottages is very small and while we were there was a wedding going on so we could not use it. We did walk over and use the beach area next door at the Marina, so this was a slight disappointment that the area was sooo small at the cottages. We also drove over to Isle of Palms and went to the beach there. We were charged a resort fee each day and I am really not sure why, on top of the already "pricey" accomodations. Also, be prepared to see some wildlife while you are there! We saw an alligator in the pond when we first arrived, a very large snake out in front of our cottaeg one afternoon, frogs, bugs, LARGE bugs I might add! You are surrounded by marsh, water, woods, etc so expect to see some critters!! There was actually a roach in our closet, however, probably due to the fact that they had recently sprayed for bugs, we saw no other bugs in our cottage and this is to be expected when you are surrounded by woods. For the most part, we greatly enjoyed our stay and had a really good time. We recommend taking the water taxi over to downtown Charleston, it was a fun alternative to driving...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Cottages are so cute and beautifully maintained. Concierge Tony was super helpful upon arrival and helped us plan out the details of our trip and gave us a great restaurant recommendation for our first night's stay. We only booked one night here but after seeing it, wanted to stay longer! The clubhouse is very cozy, there is a nice pool and not only breakfast, but snacks available for the guests. The resort was nice and quiet, we had privacy and having an entire cottage versus one hotel room was very nice. Loved the big screened porch. Not being a coffee drinker, I appreciated the option of the in-room tea selection!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cottages on Charleston Harbor? Share your experiences!