“Not bad for a motel at the last minute” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   301 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not bad for a motel at the last minute”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I just came back from a visit to Charleston, and this motel was chosen for me on Priceline at the last minute. Decent location, right over the bridge that goes to downtown Charleston. The room was ok, towels were super scratchy, only a small packet of shampoo (no conditioner or lotion), no hair dryer (which surprised me!!). The bedspread had some dark marks on it, and it was thin - not like the down comforter you'd get in a regular hotel. Walls were thin, there was a dog whimpering in the next room all night when someone wasn't in there with him. But everyone was helpful and accommodating - I got to check in a couple of hours early with a king bed (you can't choose that on priceline), they opened the pool for me because it was the offseason and gated. Overall, it was a decent place for someone just looking to put their stuff down and a place to sleep

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We booked on a Thursday for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This was the only hotel we could find with an available room. Rooms were clean. Staff was very nice. Satellite didn't get local channels but we were well compensated for the inconvenience. If you're on a budget, this is the place to stay.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel for years. While attending College of Charleston, my family would always stay here when they came to visit. It is clean and safe, with an incredible location. If you are looking for resort or luxury style this is not your hotel. However, if you are of the same mindset as me, any money you save on a hotel is money you can spend doing other things. I only need a hotel to sleep. This being said, I require that my hotel be clean and comfortable. The location is literally just over the bridge from downtown. You can be downtown in 8 minutes. There was no hairdryer in my room, but one call the the front desk and one was provided. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

This was our third time staying here and this past time was the best! We never want to leave!

• Stayed October 2010
Hampton, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Staff is great. We had a few problems at first by all were fixed. We enjoyed our stay.

Little River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

the hotel was near great restaurants and shopping the staff "cindy" was very helpful in recommending restaurants and cab services

Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I was three Wednesday thru Friday for a government conference. My husband and I decided to stay through the weekend and really had a lovely time. The only thing that bothered me was our room rate went up $20.00 a night for the weekend and the hotel was not even full. Our bill was more than what it would have cost to stay a whole week if I worked construction in Mt. Pleasant. The view was great, the hotel was quiet and the pool was nice. I would recommend this Inn to my friends. Thanks for your hospitality!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!