We traveled to SC for a vacation and wanted a reasonable place to stay that was convenient for all the touristy stuff to do. We knew we would be out all day and just needed a place to rest our heads at night. We were very pleased with this hotel. Our rooms were right by the pool (which was a delightful, clean pool with nice patio tables to relax and chat at). We were with another couple, so it was nice to have this common area to meet and relax in. It would have been tight to try and all squeeze in a room to sit together and talk. The rooms had just been remodeled and were very well kept, clean, and I loved that the sink was in a different room than the toilet/shower (makes a family getting ready in the morning so much more efficient). Staff was very friendly. Despite being right off JD highway, it was very peaceful and quiet at night (it's actually set back from the road a bit). There's a Harris Teeter grocery store, Starbucks, and yummy Sticky Fingers restaurant within walking distance. It was pretty close to Patriot's Point and the pier under the bridge as well (would want to drive there though). We thought it was a great deal for a room right in the heart of things. 10 minutes and you're in down town. 15 minutes and you can be at Palmetto County Park (which we loved picnicing at). I would stay there again without reservation.
Why 4 stars? There was one day that our maid didn't service our room. We grabbed pool towels and just moved on. I could have called the front desk, but choose not to-so that problem could have been resolved if I weren't so tired. The RRI sent a survey and I reported this so the manager is already on top of it. I was very impressed to get a response from an online survey within 12 hours of taking the survey.
Overall, I was very impressed with RRI and can say we enjoyed our vacation so much because of having such a great central place to be. Staff was all very nice. Rooms were clean and I love the NO SMOKING atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget hotel in Hilton Head that is recommended for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and BookIt.com so you can book your Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Mount Pleasant Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Red Roof Inn