“nice place to stay in good location” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   301 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Saint Louis, Missouri
“nice place to stay in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We traveled to SC for a vacation and wanted a reasonable place to stay that was convenient for all the touristy stuff to do. We knew we would be out all day and just needed a place to rest our heads at night. We were very pleased with this hotel. Our rooms were right by the pool (which was a delightful, clean pool with nice patio tables to relax and chat at). We were with another couple, so it was nice to have this common area to meet and relax in. It would have been tight to try and all squeeze in a room to sit together and talk. The rooms had just been remodeled and were very well kept, clean, and I loved that the sink was in a different room than the toilet/shower (makes a family getting ready in the morning so much more efficient). Staff was very friendly. Despite being right off JD highway, it was very peaceful and quiet at night (it's actually set back from the road a bit). There's a Harris Teeter grocery store, Starbucks, and yummy Sticky Fingers restaurant within walking distance. It was pretty close to Patriot's Point and the pier under the bridge as well (would want to drive there though). We thought it was a great deal for a room right in the heart of things. 10 minutes and you're in down town. 15 minutes and you can be at Palmetto County Park (which we loved picnicing at). I would stay there again without reservation.
Why 4 stars? There was one day that our maid didn't service our room. We grabbed pool towels and just moved on. I could have called the front desk, but choose not to-so that problem could have been resolved if I weren't so tired. The RRI sent a survey and I reported this so the manager is already on top of it. I was very impressed to get a response from an online survey within 12 hours of taking the survey.
Overall, I was very impressed with RRI and can say we enjoyed our vacation so much because of having such a great central place to be. Staff was all very nice. Rooms were clean and I love the NO SMOKING atmosphere.

Room Tip: By the pool if you want to walk out to a patio to relax!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so very much for sharing your great experience while visiting Red Roof Inn Plus Mt Pleasant. We are proud of our renovated rooms and superior service. Our location is ideal to visit all Charleston has to offer. We hope to see you again on your future travels to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Varnville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was the perfect place to stay for a quick trip to the Charleston area. The counter staff was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. Even though they were booked solid, it was very quiet. The location was great. We attended a wedding at Harbor East, which was about a 5 minute drive from there. Shopping and resturants are nearby also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We are so happy that you choose to stay with us and took the time to share your experience. It is our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again on your next visit.
Greeneville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I decided to take a quick trip to Charleston and found this place nearby in Mount Pleasant (It is literally right over the bridge from Downtown Charleston). It was clean and adequate for one night. The staff was average (and check-in was quick) and the beds were just so-so. Also, the air unit in the room clicked on and off ALL NIGHT and was very loud and distracting and made some weird noise for about 5 minutes each time it cut off. The walls are thin and you can hear everything going on outside of your room. I would probably stay here again if other hotels are not available. As I noted, very clean, but I did not sleep well at all. I did like the great price and close proximity to Charleston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the times to share your comments about your recent stay to the beautiful city of Charleston. I am pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our great location and reasonable prices! We take pride in the quality of our rooms and work continuously to improve our product and services. I apologize for the inconveniences and will focus on getting any concerns addressed. Thank you again and we hope you will choose Red Roof Inn Plus on your next visit to Charleston.
Cullman, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was my first stay in a Red Roof Inn. It was very close to Charleston and a great price. It was updated about a year ago including hard wood laminate floors, new mattresses, and updated furniture. It was close to many places to eat and shop. There was so much to do in the area. Check in was quick and easy. The staff were very friendly. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if I were in the area.
If you have kids, the Sky High indoor trampoline park was not too far.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are conveniently located to all the points of interest while touring the Charleston area. We hope you will visit us again on your next visit. We also offer premium rooms with a take away snack, extra pillows and a bigger work area. We have a frequent stayer program, and would like to invite you to become a Redicard member. It's free and you start earning points imediately towards a free night. It includes a late courtesy hold for reservations along with complimentary water at check in. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel four different times and we've never had a bad experience. We pick this hotel mainly because of its location. It's a very close drive to the battery and market area where all the tourist activities are. If you stay across the bridge into that area you will pay a hefty penny. That's why we prefer this hotel because for the price you can't beat it. Like I said your still very close to all the happenings without having to waste money on a hotel. The rooms are nice and clean especially since they have done renovations. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for always choosing the Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience online. Our location is so convenient to all of the Charleston area attractions and we do offer a great value. We are pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and looking forward to your next visit.
sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friend and I were traveling to several destinations over a 2 week period, so needed to budget our room rates carefully. She found this motel in Mt. Pleasant, and the rate was the best in the area. The room was remodeled since the last time I was there, and the new decor is attractive with clean lines. The room was clean, no bed bugs, and we didn't realize we could have upgraded to a room with a refrigerator, until we had already moved in. There is a small coffee maker. No breakfast, but Hardees and Chic Fila' are close by. Beds were comfortable, we only had a problem with noise one night, we were just next to the pool...I would ask to be away from the pool. We called the office about 1am about the noise, and it did get quiet very quickly. I would stay there again, but would probably upgrade to a room with a refridge, if I'm staying several days.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn and sharing your experience. We are conveniently located and offer the best price. We would love to invite you back to stay in one of our premium rooms that includes Seattle's Best coffee, in room snack, and take away breakfast snack. These rooms include a micro/fridge and are very comfortable. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are looking for a nice hotel that is also near all the city's attractions and want a room that has been recently updated with all its furniture, then you found your hotel.

Kim who was the receptionist when i got there outdid herself by her pleasant hospitality and welcoming. She even allowed us to check in early as we got there prior to the initial check-in time and made sure that the room was ready for us. She was terrific and was able to answer all my questions and even help me out since it was my wife's birthday by finding a premium room. (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEIR PREMIUM ROOM)

When we got the keys we went in our room, we both were surprised how modernized the room was and the appliances which it equipped. In a short summary, do not judge the hotel by the outside view as the inside of the rooms will leave you pondering how amazing they look. The premium room offered us the following:

LCD TV
King Bed w/ 5 pillows
Microwave
Mini Refrigerator
Toiletries
Lounge Chair
Roller Chair (comfortable similar to what you would find in an office)
Desk (business like)
Box full of goodies (Orange Juice, Water bottle, Trail Mix bag, Microwaveable Popcorn, Granola Bars) They bring you one of these boxes every day of your stay and its FREE.
Floor was not carpeted which I loved and had a wooded panels for tiles instead which made the room classier.

I could not say anything bad about our stay at this place. I will have to warn you though that they do not have a breakfast buffet, however the city of Charleston is full of restaurants which you can select a good brunch! One that i would highly recommend is Hominy Grille which is in the downtown districts a few blocks west of King Street.

Great place and Great location!!

Room Tip: ask to be upgraded to premium room, even their standards are great and have the same minus the micro...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We thank you so much for sharing our property highlights. I will be sure to share these comments with my entire staff. We strive to provide great service each and every time and value you as our guest. I hope to see you everytime you visit the Charleston area. Again, Thank you!

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!