“Best Value” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   301 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Mount Pleasant
“Best Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The cheapest price hotel turned out to be the best value ever! The room was clean and updated. The location is convenient to everything! We could get everywhere in no time at all. We will always stay here every time we go to Charleston. I feel like we really got a great value.

• Stayed July 2013
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am pleased to know we have earned a loyal guest. Thank you for taking the time to let us know we met your needs. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Needed a room late night in Charleston on a Friday during summer. Not easy to find a good one for under $200. Called here, Tim at the front desk was phenomenal, knew who I was when I checked in later, and for half of what I expected to pay. Rooms are more than I expected. They're just a smaller version of an easily 3 star room. Can not say enough about the service Tim at the front desk provided. Well definitely stay here again. Usually a Mills House or Crowne Plaza guy, but this has me wondering if it's worth the extra coin.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience during your stay at the Red Roof Inn. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable rooms, at a reasonable price. It is a pleasure to know we exceeded your expectations and provided you with exceptional service that is expected. Tim is a valued team member and also sends a big Thank You!
Flowery Branch, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at this Red Roof before, 10 years ago..and it was always...just ok. So in searching for a Mt. Pleasant hotel, this one was about $70/nt less than other area hotels. When I read a June review on the recent remodeling, that's what convinced me to give it another go.

True to the reviews, the recent remodelling is just beautiful. Simplistic and stylish. Hardwood floors throughout. Honestly, it had a very clean and tidy feeling to everything. I would honestly rather stay here than some of the higher priced hotels down the street for the money.

Now, there were some drawbacks which prompted just a three star rating. First, the amenities were nothing but scarce. Shampoo was nothing more than a single tear open packet, enough for one or possibly two uses if you have little hair. no conditioner or any thing else. \ Pretty much not enough for a woman. Soap was limited to two tiny bars. Two towels period, so you will need to ration for beach, pool and showers... unless you go ask for more in the lobby.

Staff wasn't overly friendly, but they were courteous and accommodating providing more towels and shampoo upon request. I get it, they're trying to save money, but still it seems kind of cheap..and annoying to have to repeatedly ask for the basics.

Here was the big deal for us. We just kept showing up with itchy places on the body. We had thought it was from mosquitoes during the day finally making their presence known, but by night #2, we had new random rashes appearing within 2 hours of entering the room.

Finally at 2am, I discovered fleas in the beds, jumping here and there if you look long enough. Biting your legs an feet. Which now, we're covered with itchy welts. I requested a new room....far away from that one. They were happy to oblige and I recommended they call the exterminator, which they had said they definitely would.

The new room, was what we expected. Nice, clean, tidy, remodeled, everything new.... a bonus with a fridge and micro, and most importantly ...no fleas.

Finally got some sleep, this was what I was expecting. If the whole stay had been like this, I would have given it 4 stars... The fleas make me want to give it 2stars.. but since it does have so much potential to be a really nice stay, I'll average it at 3.

Walls are also thin and you can hear other people, but I think that's to be expected here.

People are seemingly allowed to bring their pets here into the rooms....and apparently sleep in the bed. So be aware of this. If I could be guaranteed a bug free room..I would probably book here again because the price is attractive and everything is clean and new. But these flea bites everywhere, now even a few days later, still itching like crazy, does make me think twice. Would have been nice if management had credited a night or something on account of the bugs and lack of sleep.

Room Tip: if you book, and start itching, ask for a new room right away and your odds will improve I gather...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that this has been addressed. I hope you will consider us when returning to the Charleston area. We appreciate your business.
Winnsboro, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was amazing great location, great pool. awesome room clean Clean Clean. This helped make out visit to the area great. My family had a great time and we felt like we were at home everyone of the staff members were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Red Roof Inn Mt Pleasant. Its always a pleasure to know that we succeeded in providing you with a clean, comfortable room with friendly service. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The room is very modern looking. Nice counter space. Comfy bed. Lacks in room fridge and micro, as well as any type of breakfast, which seem to be standard in most hotels at this price range. Enjoyed the pool area.
We had the do not disturb sign on the door, and the housekeeper left us fresh towels hanging from the handle. That was a nice touch...Thanks for that!

• Stayed June 2013
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to know we were able to accomadate you and look forward to seeing you again on any future visits to the Charleston area.
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The pool is fantastic but when kids are screaming you hear it like their in the room with you. My kids went to the pool, came back up and got water on the floor tried to clean it up with a towel, but as they started black dirt appeared on it. My daughter wanted to take a shower, but there was black hairs in the drain and in the towels. I would not recommended this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Please accept my sincerest of apologies. This is not our standard and will be addressed to prevent this type of issue from occuring in the future. I would like to speak to you personally so that I can do the proper research of what room it was and when, etc, in order to handle this in the most professional way. Please contact me @ 843-884-1411 ext. 402.
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Red Roof Inn was recently remodeled and boy did they do a bang up job! Hardwood floors, new sinks, etc. It was very clean and the front desk was great. Its located 10mins from downtown Charleston so that was a big plus. I would most definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
i0242, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and our great new rooms. We value your comments and look forward to seeing you again on your future travels.

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!