“Fine atmosphere in a small town setting” 4 of 5 stars

843-388-8935
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Village Post House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Venning
LAMBERTVILLE
“Fine atmosphere in a small town setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

The Old Village Post House is a bit hard to find, but worth the effort. It is in the tiny historic downtown of Mount Pleasant, SC. A dramatic contrast to the highway filled with strip malls that most of the town is known for.
The atmosphere is casual sophistication with great food and drink.
In warm weather you can sit outside in the patio.
I have dined here 4 times and the service has always been attentive but not overbearing.
During the Holidays they were able to accomodate a group of 12 with only a few weeks advance notice - while most of the restraunts in downtown Charleston need months advance reservation.
One note of caution is that parking is difficult. Expect to park on the street and walk a few blocks in dimmly lit residential neighborhoods.
The menu includes simple fare as well as regional yummies.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nice place - small and sweet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

nice place - small and sweet

Charleston, South Carolina
“One of our East of the Cooper faves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

We had dinner for the first time here last night and we were very pleased. We split the hot crab dip as an appetizer and it was fantastic! I had the lamb shank and it was good for lamb in the USA (I am spoiled regarding lamb from living in Spain.....). My husband had the crabcakes and they were outstanding. Up until now our favorite local crab cakes were at The Boathouse at Breach Inlet but Old Village Post House wins hands down! Our server was friendly and efficient and the hostess was delightful. Our only complaint was the espressos we had after dinner.....quite bitter. We have had brunch here several times and highly recommend that.

Raleigh, NC
“Great Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

I have been wanting to eat here for a long time, and finally on this trip we were able to check it off our list! My husband and I went here for Sunday Brunch and it was FANTASTIC!! I had the french toast- which was probably the best french toast I have EVER had! My husband ordered the pancakes, which were also very good. We each had an orange juice to drink and our meal was $29.00 with tip- more than we usually spend on breakfast but well worth it! Great atmosphere , cute area of town and our waitress was very nice and attentive. Must try if you are in Mt. Pleasant area!

Mt. Pleasant
“inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

Went for the first time about 6 months ago for lunch and it was wonderful. Food was delish, fresh & filling. Very nice atmosphere- quaint, clean & and the outside dining area is very romantic in a garden setting. After loving it so much we decided to make brunch plans for Easter. It was seriously the worst meal I've had in the Charleston area. I had the lobster benedict- took at least 45 minutes for the meal & COLD. To top it off, there was about 1 Tablespoon of lobster. Meal was about $25. Haven't been back since.