“a local favorite” 5 of 5 stars

843-388-8935
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Village Post House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cross street: Venning
Atlanta, Georgia
“a local favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

linen table cloth, banquette seating kind of place . cosy, 10 or so tables in the main room, nice decorations, generally quiet, good food and service

• Visited December 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Fabulous Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went to Sunday Brunch here for the first time. Their specials were fabulous and included Red Velvet French Toast (yes, it was as great as it sounds!) which was not too sweet but delightful. Another special included fried, poached eggs on top of a biscuit slathered in sausage gravy with a side of pimento cheese grits (yes, was as fabulous as it sounds!) Their standard Brunch menu is quite plentiful and includes chicken & waffles, eggs benedict, burgers and more. Our server was very good -- attentive but not invasive. Highly recommend!

• Visited December 2013
Tustin, California, United States
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Finding the Old Village Post House in the dark was a challenge. Even poor Siri on the iPhone was frustrated. However, one we finally arrived, we were ushered into a cozy friendly environment and instantly relaxed. It was nearly 8 p.m. and we were hungry. I ordered the shrimp and grits and my companion ordered the vegetable plate, which sounded boring to me. Boy, was I wrong! It was a beautiful array of a variety of well prepared veggies including roasted brussells sprouts, which I usually despise. After tasting one, I was hooked! They were delicious. However, I had my own bowl of the most delicious grits I've ever tasted. As a former Yankee and now S. Californian, I think of grits as a drier form of cream of rice. Not these. They were creamy rather like Italian polenta and spiced with peppers, tomatoes and some other yummy seasonings and the shrimp was in pieces throughout. It was so good, I wanted to lick the bowl! We shared a piece of chocolate pie for dessert which was nearly ruined by the disgusting salted caramel sauce. Once we scraped that off, it was better. I don't know who came up with the idea of salted caramel, but it's overused in my gastronomic opinion. If you are in Mt. Pleasant, I'd highly recommend the Old Village Post House.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“Worst Chicken and Waffles in the Charleston Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Dinner at this restaurant is by far one of the best around. But there Sunday brunch leaves much to be desired. I have tried most of the brunch menu waiting for something to really stand out but it consistently is just OK. Today I tried the Chicken and waffles and it was horrible. The chicken was very bland and the three small pieces of cold dry waffles didn't exactly melt in my mouth. It is the most expensive thing on the brunch menu so you would expect more. Do yourself a favor and don't tarnish your opinion of the post house by going to brunch there. There are far better choices in Mt Pleasant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stowe, Vermont
“Once again the Post House surpasses my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

You wouldn't think that a restaurant could be so hidden from traffic but there it is nestled into a small village. The staff was welcoming, friendly and hospitable. The food was delicious and creative. The atmosphere, superb. Our party had 5 different dishes and we couldn't decide which person chose the best. Thanks to the Post House for being our #1 stop when we visit Charleston.