“Hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Very simple place that doesn't have enough links on other sites. Found by accident. On the water, both outdoor and indoor seating. Tucked between very pricy restaurants. Prices are very family friendly and portions were good size.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great scenery, ok food, ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

If it weren't sitting smack in the heart of Shem Creek directly on the water, I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. The food is average (not bad, not great), service is average, but certainly a fun crowd and great atmosphere for enjoying some SC sunshine and take in the fantastic views of the creek, harbor and dolphins!

Visited July 2014
Marietta, Ohio
“Great Jalapeno Hushpuppies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Typical bar setting. There was a band playing in the backroom. Several options for seating, so you can take your kids there without feeling like you are taking them to a bar. Our waitress was a beautiful girl who seemed really spaced out. She didn't come around to our table to check on us....she just didn't seem like she was into taking care of us. Come on girl, you look like Minka Kelly....try a little harder. You could rake in the bucks! I'd definitely go back for the atmosphere, food & drinks. Teach your servers what they are there for!

Visited August 2014
Montville, New Jersey
“All you can eat crab legs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We came to Mt. Pleasant for a few days and were told to try the all you can eat crab legs at Red's. We arrived an hour early so to be sure to get a table because we were told it fills up fast, and they were right! We got there at 5:00 and the crab is served at 6:00. At 6:00, there wasn't a place to even stand. The first round of crab legs came out and they were hot, fresh and I was loving it, then there was a pause for a while, but the waitress said it would speed up. She was right!!! they kept coming and coming and coming. I never ate so many crab legs ever!! Our waitress was a young lady who worked so very hard. I wish I got her name so I can put it here. She was just fabulous. The guitar player was very good and we enjoyed listening to him. The $29.95 PP for this meal was well worth it. We also had so much fun here.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PLANT CITY
“What a bust...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

'Not wanting to make any mistakes on recommendations for GREAT, local seafood restaurants, we asked the folks @ the Embassy Suites, "Where/What IS the best seafood place in town for local, non-farm raised seafood... Their response was "Red's." So guess what, I took our group of 8, inlcuding my wife and grandson to Red's and WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. The prices appear "reasonable" with average "plates" going for $9-$11, but that's the "catch." The plates are very, very small. My Low-Country Boil was served in a regular size cereal bowl, including two, half ears of boiled corn on the cob...3 shrimp in the bowl, maybe half a handful of boiled potatoes and 7 pieces of sausage.... Here''s what "steamed me.." My wife ordered a cup of Red's wonderful crab stew...Price I believe for a cup was approx. $4.. 'Not wanting to bother with a cup, I ordered the BOWL of crab stew for $7.99 thinking I would hit the grand prize. PAY ATTENTION NOW....HERE COMES THE PUNCH LINE. DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... When our crab stew came out, my wife's cup was a cup of crabe stew...As the Server placed my "BOWL" of crab stew in front of me I about flipped out.... It was served in a "luncheon" plastic basic in a "bread bowl" approx. 6" total diameter. My stew obviously in the middle was no more than a cup of stew in the carefully "hollowed out" bread, maybe even less. My wife looked @ me and I looked @ her with my "What the Hell look" and she smiled continuing scarfing down her cup of crab stew... What a joke and what a rip off AND that folks is about how Red's entire Entree menu is!!!!! By far Red's IS NOT the best seafood restaurant in town....far from it. Talk to a "regular local person" and you'll probably get a far better reataurant.

• Visited July 2014