“Excellent breakfast and service!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Café
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Charleston's Café has been serving the area's finest and most unique breakfast, lunch, and brunch cuisine for decades. Recently voted as East Cooper's Best Brunch restaurant, the great neighborhood café is one of Charleston's top family-run café and catering companies, implementing a delectable twist on traditional southern fare and friendly southern hospitality. The lunch menu features a selection of salads & sandwiches. Be sure to check out "the social scene going on and enjoy the creative dishes" as featured on the Food Network's Hungry Detective.
Denver, North Carolina
“Excellent breakfast and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We decided we wanted to get out of Downtown for the morning so we stopped in here! I am so glad we did! The breakast was excellent, along with the service! My boyfriend had the pancakes and I had the Isle of Palms "Chippers". They were both very good! The grits looked great so I think I will order something with that next time! We can't wait to come back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“We liked it a bunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Nice little breakfast spot located in a strip mall. The mall area it's self is a bit tired and kind of a put off, however once inside the place feels kinda homey. We had a great waitress take our order and walla, 5 minutes latter our food arrived. The food was great, with nice big portions, hot, and very tasty. When in the area give this little Cafe a try I am pretty sure you might enjoy it like we did..

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Pleasant experience in Mt. Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

In a small strip mall right off the main drag, GPS misses it a little. Larger than it looks.

Our 1st experience while visiting and this place mostly fit the bill. Would go back.

If your looking for Shrimp n Grits I think this would please you. The amount of shrimp was unbelievable and the taste was good. A friend told me this was a must try but I think shrimp n grits isn't my go to breakfast item. I would have enjoyed it more as a lunch/dinner because of the richness. Biscuit typical on the dry side by itself but good to soak up that sauce.

Cafe corned beef hash was okay. The side of cheese grits had no flavor and I gave up trying to add salt to improve it. Would try something else.

Service was efficient and friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida, USA
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The food at this place was excellent. Our server was very cheerful which made her very attentive to us.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Georgia
“Tough call.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Overall this was a neat place to eat. Their specials are on dry erase boards throughout the café. Some of the specials are not standard fare, but that can be fun too. Service was fair to okay. Not the friendliest or the most helpful, and that makes it hard when you are deciphering what some of the specials are. My wife's pumpkin pancakes were awesome, my English muffin concoction was not so great. If you order anything with ham, make sure to inquire if it is country ham or baked ham. Fortunately I like country ham, but I know many who don't. It's a true café experience, don't go in expecting a quiet, relaxed atmosphere and you won't be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere