“Long Point Grill is a terrific...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Long Point Grill is a terrific...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010 via mobile

Long Point Grill is a terrific experience!

Food is terrific and the service is always great...they let us eat outside with our son's Siberian Husky!

St Louis, missouri
“Just Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

First let me say that the staff is very nice and the service is very good. Earlier posts list the crab cakes as being great, My wife tried them and there was all filler and little crab. You did get two nice size cakes. I tried the Mac n Cheese (House Specialty). It was very good but not good enough to say WOW.

The last thing is that it is very very noisy. I sat across from my wife and we had to lean in and scream to hear each other. And we do have normal hearing.

With all the great restaurants in Charleston/Mt Pleasant I would try somewhere else to go.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
atlanta
“Enjoyed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We visited based on the reviews from this site. My husband got the Oyster Pasta Rockefeller and basically licked the bowl. He loved it! We all split a crab soup that was also delicious! I was impressed overall with the restaurant. Don't get the sweet potatoes unless you like LOTS of nutmeg. I wouldn't recommend the chicken club. The fried chicken is TOO fried (deep) but other than that it was great. It IS pretty noisy and the service wasn't near as friendly as this board represents, but it was "good."

Maryville, TN
“So good that we had to go back a second night on our vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We originally had the Long Point Grill on our list of restaurants for dinner during our five night stay in Charleston based on the reviews we had seen on TA. LPG was even better than our expectations, so much so, that we went back for dinner again on the last night of our vacation. I had the Shrimp and Grits and the Seafood Ravioli. Both were outstanding!!! Best two meals I had during our trip. My wife had the crabcakes both nights. She loved their crabcakes enough to have them a second time. Whether you have room for dessert or not, you must have some. We had the chocolate cake and the hummingbird cake. Amazing!!!! Service was outstanding. The manager recognized us from our first visit immediately upon our arrival the second night, which was two days later. Definitely a must visit on your trip to the Charleston area.

scottsdale az
“Could eat there every night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We decided to dine at Long Point based on the reviews on this site. It was one of the best decisions we made on our trip. Called to find out if they were open continuously or closed after lunch. The gal I spoke with indicated lunch ended at 3 and they reopened for dinner at 5 and volunteered to give us directions which were excellent and most helpful. When we arrived a friendly gal seated us and asked if we were the people who called. Her warmth set the tone for dinner. There was a menu as well as a chalkboard she brought to the table with the specials. It was very hard to make our choices but we had delicious bread with a slightly sweet taste to munch why we debated. We started with lightly battered, fried calamari with a delicious dipping sauce. Calamari was so tasty it was a shame to dip. We finally settled on blackened mahi mahi and wahoo over ground palmetto grits. I also had the fried green tomatoes. The grits were absolutely heavenly--so creamy and well-flavored. Fish was cooked perfectly and tasty. Tomatoes were the best I have eaten. Sorry we were so stuffed, as all portions were large, we couldn't try their tasty-looking desserts. Tyler, the manager, visited our table and was sincerely interested in how we heard about the restaurant and how we found the food.
While it may be a little out of the way, you can't go wrong dining at Long Point Grill. Food, service and selection are all stellar. While not the cheapest place in town, it is certainly value for the money. Place was packed when we left and it was obvious most diners were regulars