“Holy Salt, Batman!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Holy Salt, Batman!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This used to be my favorite Mexican restaurant mainly because of the refried beans. They used to be made in-house daily and I'm not sure if they still are BUT they are too salty to eat! I know that this genre of food is usually high in sodium but this is over the top. When I mentioned it to the waitress, she just shrugged and walked away.

The service was still good and the rest of the meal was fine but the beans were very disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, SC
“Good food, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We love this place for a quick, easy lunch or dinner. The chips and salsa are very good, the main entrees are delicious and plentiful and the price is right! We have had on occasion a member of the wait staff that was less than attentive but not this last time. Everything was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“¡Delicioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was my first time at La Hacienda, and it was awesome! My food was smothered in warm, delicious cheese and every bite was so good. Also, our waiter and bus boy were super friendly and funny, and joked around with us a little bit. I will definitely be going back for more!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
SC
“Pineapple fajitas Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

On e daughter said her meal beat Christmas and Thanksgiving and the pineapple fajitas were exceptional. Excellent service manager checked with us twice. Definitely recommend this one, Charlestonian recommended this place to us. Good sign.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sun City West, Arizona
“Fun Family Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

There were 9 of us including 4 kiddos. It was my birthday and I got the royal treatment with colorful hats for a lot of us, singing waiters with guitars, and a fun dessert to share. Everyone ordered something different and there were no complaints. The serving size was large with some to-go boxes offered. My "medium" margarita was huge -- I should have gotten the small -- but, hey, it was my birthday! The atmosphere was fun. I liked that it wasn't overly crowded (a Monday night) and we were situated in a very large, open room -- the 3 year old could run around without bothering the other diners and the servers had fun with him, too. I thought it was quite a value with the total tab about $125 including tip, sodas, and alcoholic beverages. I wouldn't call it my favorite Mexican restaurant, but it was all about being with the family and sharing a good time.

• Visited November 2013