“Not so good anymore” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Patterson, New York
“Not so good anymore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have visited Boulevard Diner many times for the 5 years we have lived in Mt. Pleasant. I find the food very ordinary. I ordered the flounder sandwich today and it was overly breaded and very greasy. I guess we have been spoiled by the fried fish at Dog and Duck, which is light and flaky. The ambience at the Boulevard is less than stellar, it has a grungy feel and could use a makeover. I also can't order most of the vegetable sides because they have bacon or ham which I don't eat. My husband used to be a fan, but he doesn't want to return either.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal at the Boulevard Diner. We will look into the over breading of the sandwich and hope that you'll give us another try soon. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. Have a wonderful holiday season.

78% Recommend
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I and my wife went here for dinner while in the neighborhood on our honeymoon. Well it started off as a late lunch but there was so much food it became dinner. This place hit the spot. Affordable and delicious!

Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
“good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

we stopped here to get breakfast and while it did not look to good inside the food was OK. the service was actually very good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pendleton, South Carolina
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The chef knows how to tickle the taste buds! I had sweet potato ravioli - the ravioli was made fresh - it was super! My husband is not an experimenter and had their bbq chicken which did have a great sauce. The outside and inside looks rundown, but the food is great!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Darryl, thanks for the kind review!! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the sweet potato ravioli. Come back soon and make sure you save room for dessert.
“Excellent Nosh Petunia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Yes. I agree that the place is a bit rundown. It's a diner...

The food, though. Oh Man. First, there are some interesting combinations and this is a bow to the gourmet aspect of Charleston. I loved it in a diner setting. The three grilled cheese and tomato was made on thicker toast and very tasty trio of cheeses. Excellent! The fries were perfect and the service was great. The value was even better!

I review restaurants on three principles: I don't mind paying for value; I am a functional germaphobe; I don't like buffet, sugar loaded, compressed bits or velveeta covered food.

This one met and exceeded my principles. There was nothing fake or less than real food, the run down parts of the diner did not extend to the kitchen and the cooks could easily be seen handling food correctly, as did the waitress and the cost was very pleasant for the excellent taste. This is an everyday kind of place with a good wholesome flair.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere