“good breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Devonshire Parish, Bermuda
“good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

we stopped here to get breakfast and while it did not look to good inside the food was OK. the service was actually very good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pendleton, South Carolina
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The chef knows how to tickle the taste buds! I had sweet potato ravioli - the ravioli was made fresh - it was super! My husband is not an experimenter and had their bbq chicken which did have a great sauce. The outside and inside looks rundown, but the food is great!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Darryl, thanks for the kind review!! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the sweet potato ravioli. Come back soon and make sure you save room for dessert.
“Excellent Nosh Petunia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Yes. I agree that the place is a bit rundown. It's a diner...

The food, though. Oh Man. First, there are some interesting combinations and this is a bow to the gourmet aspect of Charleston. I loved it in a diner setting. The three grilled cheese and tomato was made on thicker toast and very tasty trio of cheeses. Excellent! The fries were perfect and the service was great. The value was even better!

I review restaurants on three principles: I don't mind paying for value; I am a functional germaphobe; I don't like buffet, sugar loaded, compressed bits or velveeta covered food.

This one met and exceeded my principles. There was nothing fake or less than real food, the run down parts of the diner did not extend to the kitchen and the cooks could easily be seen handling food correctly, as did the waitress and the cost was very pleasant for the excellent taste. This is an everyday kind of place with a good wholesome flair.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Carolina
“A diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

It was close to 1 pm and all 3 of us were hungry. We saw the diner & stopped only because there were quite a few cars in the lot; it really didn't look very inviting from the roadside. Specials were listed on a board and the menu had some interesting items. Tried the fried eggplant sandwich--2 large eggplant rounds topped with balsamic marinated tomatoes and asked for mozzarella cheese instead of bleu cheese--and received my requested substitution without question; one friend tried it as listed. Both of us enjoyed it immensely. My other friend ordered the tuna sandwich. Plenty of tuna between the bread slices. Lots of fries and a pickle slice came with each meal. (Menus can be found at dinewithsal.com)
Our lunch was a delightful experience, even though we did have to ask for silverware, napkins,etc. We noticed the case with scrumptious-looking pies and cakes on our way out and really wished we had saved room for one of the desserts baked in Sal's own bakery.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks for the kind review of Boulevard Diner. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch. Come back soon and make sure to save room for dessert this time.
Myrtle Beach, SC
“How did this place get such great reviews?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I selected this restaraunt because it rated very high on many lists. I ordered the blackened salmon pasta with lemon creme sauce special and my wife had the open faced roast beef sandwich. All I can say is that my wife's fries were good. That's it. I did have a nice piece of salmon but it was laid on a bed of pasta with a watery tasteless sauce. It was like a thrown together special that had no blend or continuity. The open faced sandwich had several thin, overcooked, dried up slices of roast beef on top of what looked like a texas toast with melted cheese on it. The gravy was a very dark brown which too had very little flavor. My wife hardly ever uses salt but had to sprinkle it on to get it to have a taste. She took about 3 bites and couldn't eat the rest. Even the diet coke was not good. It tasted like saccharin instead of aspartame which, if true, means it was neither coke or pepsi. The service was great! Friendly and fast. The decor should be a health department C- because it was dirty and dusty. The ceiling was gross! I don't usually give this negative a review about anything unless I was very disappointed and could find very little to appreciate. We had to wait to be seated at 12:45 for lunch so I guess someone likes it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
SalParco, Owner at Boulevard Diner, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your lunch at Boulevard Diner. Thank you for your detailed feedback and we'll sort through the review to see where any changes need to be made. Hope you'll dine with us again next time you visit!