“Overrated....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Overrated....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My first visit left me wanting more. Service/server was great, the food was delicious and I liked the environment. Ever since then, it hasn’t been as good as it was the first time. Once, a server just left our table and stood at the bar talking to the bartender while we waited for our check. I had to ask a passing server to get our server for us, but she did not – she only brought the bill….we never did see our server again yet she could be seen at the bar the whole time.

I usually order the blue cheese salad which was outstanding the first time, now it just seems like an afterthought thrown together. The risotto has gone downhill too, sometimes mushy, sometimes cold and once with more vegetables than risotto.Main dishes have been "so so," and group of friends have said the same thing. Servers have not seemed as attentive either. I hope it gets better because it’s gone from being on my “favorite” list to not so much. I have gone there for more convenience sake than anything lately. There are so many better places to dine that are not part of a chain.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“It's a Repeat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our dining experience at Burton's has been very pleasurable and I would rate it a 4 star for neighborhood dinning. We have been there at least 4 times within the past 6 months and the food and service has been consistently good. The beet salad is fantastic and has become a regular for us. Our entrees have ranged from chicken, steak, and the fish specials and we have not been disappointed yet. Don’t be discouraged by the fact that the menu covers everything from burgers on up. The “real” entrees are very good. Burton’s is on our repeat list of only 3 restaurants for overall pleasant dinning in Mt. Pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Amazing! "A can't miss" dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

To start with, when you arrive at Burton's you are greeted by the host staff who are opening the door for you (very nice). Then we were sat at a terrific booth and was told who are wait person would be. (Nice touch). Shortly thereafter Ryan, our server, introduced himself and went on to tell us about the specials and his favorite items. I ordered the lobster and shrimp pasta and I can tell you that being from the northeast we tend to be tough critics on lobster dishes, but this was incredible! My boyfriend ordered the Mahi special and was completely blown away. Service and food both were top notch. Look forward to going there again!

asheville,nc
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I only came here cause I checked on Trip advisor and wanted a place very close to where I am staying. Well this was a surprise. From walking in the door (VERY friendly welcome) thru the whole meal was a wonderful experience! EVERYONE was very nice (even the customers! haha)
My meal was beet salad and I added salmon to it. It wasn't too much food either. Just right. This place has only been open since August. They have an extensive gluten free menu and also a vegetarian one too. So many things I wanted to try so I know I will have to go back. Waitress told me happy hour is 3-6 and the bar looks nice. Very very GOOD!

SC
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm a seafood lover so veering from the seafood fare was not really on my list, but this place was convenient, so we stopped for lunch. I did get some excellent She-Crab soup and a REAL Caesar Salad (not just lettuce with caesar dressing). My dining partner got a hamburger of some sort which was huge. This place uses local beef, seafood, vegetables, etc.

We had two more people coming down the next day, so we planned lunch there again. Everything we ordered was excellent. The menu was varied, service was great. Nothing bad to say at all about this place....they even have a vegetarian and a gluten free menu!