“Mt. Pleasant KOA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of KOA Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
KOA Campground
5 Miles past I-256 on US 17, Mount Pleasant, SC   |
chandler, tx
“Mt. Pleasant KOA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I just spent four great days at this KOA. We found it to be very clean and beautiful. It has a brand new large Kanine Kamp. It is one of the best we have seen while traveling. We were in a really nice pull through site that fronted the beauitful lake. The review that advised about the road that takes you to Wal-Mart is great. We took it to pull-out to avoid a u-turn with our trailer and it worked great. We would certainly come back. There are a lot of water gnats but that is expected near the water and coast. It is convenient to all the sites in Charleston.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
gastonia nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent the weekend at KOA and had a wonderful time. The staff at the campground were very friendly and helpful. We are planning to go back soon. We recommend this campground to all who want a delightful experience. We stayed in a cabin.

• Stayed November 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I spent 3 nights camping in a tent here this Septmeber. The sites were around a fairly large lake and were spaced apart. I was able to set up under a live oak that helped keep the sun off the tent. Cost is a little steep for tent camping but you can be on the beach at Isle of Palms within 15 minutes even with traffic. My grandkids are 5 minutes away and they loved the playground and pool. I did not run into all the ants that some of the other reviews mentioned. Overall a good experience and I plan on staying here next spring again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I camped in my tent Labor Day weekend. The tent site was perfect. An unobstructed view of the lake from the front door of my tent. The only bad part and the reason I would not come back was the ant problem. There is no way I could be outside, even sitting at the picnic table without getting swarmed by ants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late, right after 10pm, and got our papers off a rack outside. We set up our tent and while doing so, a koa guy came by asking if we needed wood and if everything was okay. That was the only night we saw someone drive by. Place is still very infested with ants everywhere, it is nature though. Lots of big shelled bugs, mosquitos and spiders to go along with it. We stayed right on the lake, which probably didn't help the mosquito problem. We never went to the pool, there were only 2 showers and 2 stalls in the women's bathroom. They do events on Saturday: Ice cream social, hot dog cookout, wagon ride to Boone plantation. Quiet time is at 10, but that isn't really "quiet time." There is an adventure park right when you turn in, but again we didn't go to it. No dog park and I had hoped there would be since Myrtle has one. Dog walk area that I went to was beside the lake and very small. There were some baggies there for pick up, but just a small area and my dog needs more room to go...

• Stayed August 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the KOA in Mount Pleasant for our Family vacation. The Staff was amazing, the site was great and we really enjoyed our time. I think the cost is a bit high per night but it is a KOA so they tend to be a bit more expensive. It has been a very rainy summer so the mosquitoes were bad, but not in the control of the staff. The plantation ride was neat. They had and ice cream social on Saturday when we arrived. There weren't a lot of activities during the week. But there is a "tourist trap" place up at the entrance off Rt 17 called "Blackbeard's Cove" that can provide some distractions, and there is a shopping center (Kohl's, Wal-mart, etc) that is in walking/biking distance from the camp sites).

Room Tip: We did lose our screen room due to the windy conditions. I would suggest that you make sure that you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great location, nice trees, friendly staff that seems to try and maintain the facility. On the other hand, not enough showers for the amount of guests/campsites. Restrooms showers do get cleaned, but not nearly enough for the amount of people who use them.

One morning there was a beer can, cigarette with ashes, old t-shirt, tampon applicator and wrapper in the shower. Worst part, there is a pretty bad ant problem here. We saw staff spraying the grounds so they are aware of the problem, however we moved campsites due to the amount of ants and when we arrived home there are ants all over our tent and now inside our apartment.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to KOA Campground? Share your experiences!