“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Mount Pleasant
Toledo, Ohio
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Just recently returned from Charleston/Mt. Pleasant area. Had an awesome experience staying at the Homewood Suites in Mt. Pleasant. The staff was very friendly and service oriented. The young lady that handles the food service did an excellent job. Breakfast and dinner was fresh and well prepared with TLC! Our suite was very comfortable and well maintained. The refrigerator in our suite even had it's own ice making machine which was a nice convenience. This location is about 7 miles from the historic district in Charleston. Also, you are only a few miles from the beach,as well. Hotel is located in an area close to shopping (Target, Piggly Wiggly and small shops). Also, many restaurants close by and even a Massage Envy (Massage Therapy). Highly recommend! We enjoyed are stay immensely!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a wonderful time we had in Mt Pleasant and Charleston. We always stay at Homewood Suites because the ENTIRE staff is wonderful. From the time you check in, to amazing breakfast and dinners, to large clean rooms, to excellent maintance if you need them, the main focus is that you have a good stay at Homewood Suites. EVERYONE is friendly and courteous and true Charleston hospility is shown. We even had homemade chicken and dumplings one night....

You can't beat the large comfortable rooms with small kitchens. We always stay and will continue.

Room Tip: If you are going to be late, let them know and they will even place dinner in your fridge if it'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just recently returned from vacation in the Mt. Pleasant/Charleston, SC area. This hotel is wonderful. The room was clean and ours included a living room, bedroom and kitchen area. The hotel was immaculate and the beds are comfy.

This hotel is just minutes away from the beach at Isle of Palms; and just minutes away from the historic district of Charleston and other sites. The location is perfect. There is a Target and Piggly Wiggly in walking distance.

The breakfast was good and the evening reception during the week is wonderful.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again, should we be in this area. The staff was very helpful with any questions we had regarding places to eat and directions.

This one is a winner!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel, if that's what you are looking for, but it is beautiful, clean and SUPER friendly staff!!! The rooms were sooo nice. Perfect size (Big! Two rooms w kitchen!) fresh and clean, new looking, and contemporary. The lobby and breakfast area was spacious. Food (breakfast) was good (and free!) The pool was nice and the garden/patio area around it was gorgeous (we dined one evening at one of the little gazebo/tables.) The front desk staff went over and above to "save my vacation" (we had just quickly left another nearby hotel and I was very upset upon arrival--see my other review from Mt Pleasant, SC.) They were SO friendly, always, to everyone they encountered. Even staff in the hallways and elevators went out of their way to be kind. I TOTALLY recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hersonissos, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am one of about 50 crew members that stayed here while our ship was being repaired at one of the local shipyards. Hotel is in a good location near the beach. Thats the only thing good about it. The staff has terrible people skills. The level of service at the front desk is rediculous. After the first week, house keeping began stealing our stuff. And it continued for the next six months. One guy had 300 bucks taken from his room. Another had a dress watch taken from his suitcase. One guy had 30 dollars taken from his drawer. Other ship mates had cd's and dvd's taken from them. Several people noticed that food and drink was being consumed from the fridge while they were at work all day. We stopped letting them come in our rooms to clean. Then we started getting bugs in our rooms. I found five roaches in two different rooms. I requested to move into another room because of the bugs which Jen was happy to let me do. But the move was not a smooth one. I got a load of my gear out of the room and moved into my new room. When I got back to my old room, the whole house keeping staff was in the room cleaning and preparing it for another guest. I was given no privacy whatsoever to get the rest of my gear out. Gary, the assistant manager, was in the room. I asked him if he was going to give me some time to move out and he acted as if he didnt hear me. He didnt care. That was the attitude of most of the staff while we were there. There were two housekeeping staff members and Tye and Sharon that always showed me respect and made me feel welcomed. Dinner at night was great. Ive stayed at homewood suites in Kentucky, and it was like night and day. I dont believe the manager really cared about our comfort or the items that were stolen from us. The police were called out to the hotel and reports were filed in that lobby. Wouldnt you be embarrassed if you were the boss and you had to have police sit in your lobby because you couldnt control your staff? People, Jen can get up here after me and make any response she wants, nothing changed the whole time we were there. Dont stay There. Oh yea, dont bother going to mount pleasant if you dont have to. White folks down there are very racist, and Im white. Oh yea, that hotel has a mold problem also. Dont waste your time. But i have heard good things about the homewood suites in charleston. My intentions are not to get anyone fired. Im not looking for anything in return. This is only information. Take it or leave it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, FL, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed the night on way up the coast. Ty, front desk evening was nice & gave us a dinner recommendation & directions to get there. Suite was nice, breakfast standard hot fare. All staff friendly & nice, always asking what we needed. Within minutes of checking in, got a phone call from Ty asking if everything was alright with our room.

• Stayed September 2012
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family had to stay at a hotel while we had some repairs done to our house. We were so thankful we found this place. From the moment we walked in we felt welcome. The front desk person the checked us in was great, he hd a smile waiting for us and our keys already made. As we were pulling a luggage cart into the side entrance to get to our room the door seemed to magically pop open. There was a housekeeper holding the door to let us in. Im assuming this was a coincidence but what a great thing to happen at just that moment. We found our room to be spacious enough for 2 adults and our teenager. We had a suite with 2 double beds. There was a kitchen and living room seperate from the bedroom. The bathroom was located off the bedroom with the vaity seperate from the actual bathroom. That little feature came in very handy during the morning rush to get ready. We had a real hot breakfast waiting for us every morning and even had a home cooked dinner 4 nights a week. My son enjoyed the outdoor pool and fitness center. One of my favorite things was the laundry room. It was slightly small but it was free. No coins needed. It was great. As far as the staff goes I really cant say enough. Everyone was extremly helpful. We got to know everyone from housekeeping to front desk and kitchen. We did have one problem while we were at the hotel. Our air coniditioning stopped working one night. The great part of this whole problem was how they handled it. We called the front desk on our way out that morning and by the time we got back to the room it was fixed. Dont know what was wrong and really didn't care, we were just thrilled it was fixed. This staff really made the stressful situation of having a pipe burst in our house a little easier to deal with.
The only negative that we could find was that the hotel seems to be getting a little dated. Everything was well taken care of, it just started to look a little out of date. On the good side the hotel seems to moving in the direction of updating as we saw wallpaper being replaced in the hallways.
Overall this was a great experience. I know where I will be sending my family when they come into town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant? Share your experiences!