“Home Cooking at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Indiana
“Home Cooking at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I saw a review of Pages and just had to try while we were in town. We ordered a variety Shrimp & grits, Fried Chicken,& Fried Pork Chop special. Service was excellent. Order taken promptly and then when served by another server whose job was to deliver all meals. This really made the service move right along. It was a busy place since they have a great reputation. My only disappointment was no coconut cake left. I only wish we had more days left in our vacation to eat breakfast here. This town is so close to Charleston without all the expense.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Southern comfort cooking at its finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Oh my. If I lived here I wouldn't be writing this! Too many people would come here. This place is a gem! Southern cooking here is amazing, fresh, plentiful and inexpensive! I ordered what locals called "Chicken Fried Chicken" with mac and cheese, greens and biscuits. The shrimp and grits were awesome! Ohhh...I wished I lived here because I would be their best customer! The place is casual, somewhat noisy, but still very relaxing. Service is excellent and attentive to your needs. I can't wait to get back here....if busy, please hold a table for me!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place. I had the biscuits & gravy which were delicious. I also had a pecan pancake which was amazing. I would definitely go back.

Visited October 2013
“Pie to make you want to slap your Mama!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited Page's Okra grill while on a very recent family vacation. We had a fairly large group, but they were able to seat us right away. The service was friendly and prompt, and the food... Oh the food!!
Several members of our party ordered the Shrimp and Grits. They were a bit nervous about the grits being in "cake" form, but all apprehension went away with the first mouthfuls. My sister had a pimento cheese sandwich with fried green tomatoes (which were amazing on their own) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I opted for the Chicken Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and hush puppies. Now, I am honestly a southern soul food junky. I was born and raised in South Carolina on fried chicken, biscuits, and cream gravy. It's in my blood and let's just say that this meal was heaven for me! The chicken was perfectly crispy on the outside while tender enough to cut with a fork on the inside. The gravy was amazing and the potatoes were done right. I craved the hush puppies for the rest of the weekend and could still go back right now and eat a bucket full by myself!
The delights did not stop with the main course, either. I ordered the pecan pie for dessert. Now I'm sure you've all had that where you order a piece of pie or a slice of cake and it comes out slightly stale and clearly just removed from the plastic wrap. Well not here! The pecan pie was not only fresh, but hot! There is nothing in this world like a fresh, gooey slice of pecan pie. I passed the ample slice around to let my family taste it, and then gobbled the rest up myself. It was the best pecan pie I have ever had and I will be back for more!
If you are in the Mount Pleasant area be sure to stop by Page's Okra Grill. Even if you're not hungry enough for a meal, just drop in for a slice of pie. You'll be glad you did!

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Had lunch with business colleagues from out of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Fast service even thought they were really busy for lunch. Has kind of an old diner feeling to it with lots of neat things on the walls to read and look at. The service was very friendly and the food was really quite good. The deserts are made fresh in house daily and they were REALLY good. All four foods we ordered were really good. A really neat family owned place to visit if in the area. Nothing fancy, just good food and good service with a neat environment.