“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Charleston, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first visit to a PF Chang's. We had tried one of their frozen make at home dinners and it was pretty good. The decor was gorgeous. I love oriental everything. The spring rolls were pretty good. It went downhill from there. I ordered Honey Chicken and my husband ordered Sweet & Sour Chicken. They didn't have fried rice, which was disappointing for my husband. He doesn't like plain white rice unless is has a lot of good sauce on it. He didn't want to try the healthy brown rice. Both of our chicken dishes were almost identical in taste. His sweet and sour had a little more flavor than my honey chicken (no taste of honey at all), but both were pretty boring.

I hate to say it, but the Chinese Restaurant in Citadel Mall was a lot better and a lot cheaper.

The music was confusing, none of it Chinese. I heard some Hispanic music and the rest was unidentifiable. Nice decor, but we won't be coming back. What a waste of a beautiful place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Mixed Feelings about this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

we went on a busy Friday night with a party of 4. I found the restaurant which is some what new (several years old) in excellent physical condition and nicely decorated. Service was good and relatively fast. Tables were not crowded on other tables. They also seem to have a very extensive menu with lots of things on it. prices are in the $10-20 range.
A big negative was the noise- this is a very very noisy restaurant and the noise comes from many places- kitchen door opens and closes showing the kitchen, bar noise, peoplenoise from many hard surfaces inside the restaurant. Also its a large place - used to be a Longhorns or a Chilis and is just one big open room. I ordered stir fry chicken and got massive amounts of mostly rice, a lot of rice. the noise would keep us from going back

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Not bad, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my first time eating at a PF Chang's so I was interested in giving it a try. Their servings are family style, so they bring you a lot and you can share it with the table. We got the crab fried rice and the 5 spice duo of duck. The crab fried rice was ok. It was better when we added some of the sauces the waitress brought to the table. The duck was pretty good. Not the best I've had, but it was tasty. The service was really good. I will probably give it another chance and try some different things next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“Unique Twist on Chinese-American Classics”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Tip #1 make a reservation! We went on a Saturday night, and while the wait for a tavble wasn't terrible, it was uncomfortable (lack of a waiting area large enough to hold more than six people) Once seated our server was prompt and attentive, he offered suggestions without being over bearing. Our appetizer of choice was the chicken lettuce wraps - this is a MUST try! I had the Mongolian Beef, hwile my companion had the Changs Spicey Chicken - both were amazing - the very small size of the desert didn;t afford ample tasting - so if you get the $40 dine for two combo, you may want to up it to the full size desert.
Fair price, excelent food & service, we will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Music a Bit Annoying, but the Flavor is Delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I always enjoy the ambiance of P. F. Chang's in Mt. Pleasant, however, our experience over the weekend was just a bit annoying. Why? The music was so loud, I thought I was in a bar. Three times we requested the music to be turned down -- never did they do this. The music was not your typical music for dining ambiance, more like hip hop and much too loud. We couldn't hear the waiter explaining the mixture of sauces.

We ordered the $39.95 special. For this price, my husband and I shared the lettuce wraps with chicken, the hot sour soup and for entrees, I ordered the almond chicken. My husband ordered pepper steak. The food is always delicious and piping hot, but the music really frustrated me.

When will restaurants recognize that guests really do not want screaming, hip hop music screaming in their ears. We dine to relax. To have conversations with family and friends, and we dine to escape. Hearing the screaming music left me just a bit frazzled.

For a great dining experience, P.F. Chang's does have delicious food, and the wait staff is well trained to service customers...now, if only they would tone the music down!

• Visited June 2012