“Great Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Derry, Pennsylvania
“Great Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed a week at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This hotel was very clean and comfortable, and had a great breakfast bar, but it was the wonderful staff that made it such a gem. We were so impressed with them, I made it a point to write down the names of those we had contact with during our stay. The front desk staff of Sherrelle, Tammy, and Keith, as well as housekeeper Kathy, were all so friendly and helpful with all our questions and requests. They made us feel very welcome by greeting us warmly each time we saw them. Sherrelle was often on duty when we went through the lobby. She always greeted us with a big smile and asked about our day. She was great at showing us that terrific southern hospitality!! We will certainly stay at this hotel when we return to Charleston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with the staff and we will do our best to keep up the good work.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Pawleys Island, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We spent two nights and were dazzled by the service. Everyone was helpful and very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable, and the price was very reasonable. We asked for a fridge for our room to store leftovers and within 10 minutes, a refrigerator and microwave were delivered to our room. Breakfast was great with lots of variety - not just your usual muffins and coffee. We go to Charleston often, and have spent twice as much to stay downtown. This will now be our new "go to" place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed our stay and happy you made us your new "go to" place. We will do our best to exceed your expectations and look forward to your return.
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice hotel within 10 minutes of Charleston. Good price. Nice selection for the continental breakfast. Close to Patriots Point and ferry to Fort Sumter. Clean room and friendly staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and sharig your experience with us. We appreciate all comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
SIMPSONVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice little hotel that fits the bill just right. I have spent twice as much elsewhere in Charleston for half the satisfaction and the same sized room. Everything was clean and comfortable. Only 10 minutes from downtown. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. It means alot to us that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is so close to downtown Charleston without the hassle of parking. The staff is very friendly no matter what time you arrive. The rooms are updated and extremely comfortable. And The price is very reasonable especially since you get breakfast included!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations. Thanks again and have a blessed day.
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Checked in prior to our cruise. Hotel offers free parking for duration of cruise, saving the 119 bucks. Taxi is easily arranged. I recommend Todd at 843-343-6568. BW offers free continental breakfast with stay. Our rate plus breakfast was significantly less than the port parking cost. Check in was quick and courteous. Lobby area well laid out. Rooms clean and comfy. So glad we chose this BW for our pre cruise stay. No worries about missing our cruise. Well rested and fed.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time on your cruise as well. We will do our best to keep up the good work and hope to see you again in the future.
Snead's Ferry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am a fan of Best Westerns, enough so to stay at them in order to receive points over other hotels. I've enjoyed every Best Western I’ve stayed at and have been greeted with a smile and motivated assistance.

I hate to dime people out, but if I were an owner of a hotel I'd want someone to inform me of an employee that is not meeting the standard: The first thing my wife and I did after driving 4 hours to Charleston was check in to Patriot's Point Best Western. I walk in just after dark at about 7p.m. Nov. 21, and there was no one at the front desk (no bell ringer to make my presence known). I could hear someone in the back talking on the phone (according to his tone and the conversation topic I could tell it was a personal call). I called out "hello", but with no response. I decided to turn my back at the counter and watch TV until someone showed up. After about 3 minutes I turned my head and to my surprise the gentleman had returned to the desk and waited for me to turn around. He did not say a word to me, no greeting, no smile, and stared like I was interrupting him. I had made a reservation and we squared all that away, but did not inform me about the breakfast or any other amenities. Finally, I realized why he was staring at me like I interrupted him. As I was leaving he had picked the phone back up, walked to the back, and continued his conversation. His name tape spelled "Trevis". That was the only problem I had with my stay. All other employees were polite and helpful, especially the cleaning services.

If I return to Charleston I will most likely stay at this Best Western again-perfect location next to the bridge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I do appreciate all comments good and bad. I want to assure you Trevis's behavior is unacceptable and it will be addressed. Im glad you are not letting your experience with him deter you from returning. We take pride in giving good customer service and Iam sorry you did not receive it from every employee. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Patriots Point? Share your experiences!