“Great value, super clean & comfy, convenient!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Raleigh, NC
“Great value, super clean & comfy, convenient!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Checked in prior to our cruise. Hotel offers free parking for duration of cruise, saving the 119 bucks. Taxi is easily arranged. I recommend Todd at 843-343-6568. BW offers free continental breakfast with stay. Our rate plus breakfast was significantly less than the port parking cost. Check in was quick and courteous. Lobby area well laid out. Rooms clean and comfy. So glad we chose this BW for our pre cruise stay. No worries about missing our cruise. Well rested and fed.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great time on your cruise as well. We will do our best to keep up the good work and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Snead's Ferry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am a fan of Best Westerns, enough so to stay at them in order to receive points over other hotels. I've enjoyed every Best Western I’ve stayed at and have been greeted with a smile and motivated assistance.

I hate to dime people out, but if I were an owner of a hotel I'd want someone to inform me of an employee that is not meeting the standard: The first thing my wife and I did after driving 4 hours to Charleston was check in to Patriot's Point Best Western. I walk in just after dark at about 7p.m. Nov. 21, and there was no one at the front desk (no bell ringer to make my presence known). I could hear someone in the back talking on the phone (according to his tone and the conversation topic I could tell it was a personal call). I called out "hello", but with no response. I decided to turn my back at the counter and watch TV until someone showed up. After about 3 minutes I turned my head and to my surprise the gentleman had returned to the desk and waited for me to turn around. He did not say a word to me, no greeting, no smile, and stared like I was interrupting him. I had made a reservation and we squared all that away, but did not inform me about the breakfast or any other amenities. Finally, I realized why he was staring at me like I interrupted him. As I was leaving he had picked the phone back up, walked to the back, and continued his conversation. His name tape spelled "Trevis". That was the only problem I had with my stay. All other employees were polite and helpful, especially the cleaning services.

If I return to Charleston I will most likely stay at this Best Western again-perfect location next to the bridge.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I do appreciate all comments good and bad. I want to assure you Trevis's behavior is unacceptable and it will be addressed. Im glad you are not letting your experience with him deter you from returning. We take pride in giving good customer service and Iam sorry you did not receive it from every employee. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Greenville, S.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

First night was uneventful - there were very few guests in the hotel.
Second night I got back in around 11:00 and the place seemed full or close to it. When I got to my room I found that the cable was no longer working on the TV so I decided to retire early. Next morning I discovered there had been a leak from the bathroom above mine into mine. It soaked some toilet paper and tissues and a towel but since I was checking out I waited until check-out to report the leak and the cable. The front desk didn't seem too surprised by either event.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

this was a great hotel - off the beaten path of the city, easy on and easy off to the highway quiet and clean free breakfast every morning grocery store and little mall on the frontage road a mile from patriots point if you are going to fort sumter staff was very helpful the room which was a suite was great for the price all around would stay again there was a bus there for two nights, didn't know they were even there - it was like we were the only ones around

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about us. We really appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again real soon.
North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Like the previous reviewer, we also noticed a smoke odor in our non-smoking room. Not bad enough to chase us out of the room, but we did let staff know about it--mainly so we wouldn't get blamed. We thought that our room may have been a smoking room at one time that was converted to non-smoking. The only other negative was the fan in the bathroom--it needed a good cleaning. Our second floor room had a bed that was clean and comfortable, but when we were leaving the next morning it looked as though the mattresses were being replaced as new ones were stacked in the hall. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate

We were in the area to visit Fort Sumter and the Boone Hall Plantation. This hotel worked out well for both and we would have no problem staying again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay. Charleston is a great city and we're glad you picked us to stay at. We are continuing to make improvements and hope you will come back to see us again real soon.
Rocky Mount, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

we stayed here 3 nights wanting to enjoy charleston before our cruise. when we 1st arrived we were put in the wrong room. i talked to trevis who sprung into action realizing i was right. he typed at the speed of light sparks flying from his key board. (you know his coworkers are going to razz him over that) he got us in the proper room. after staying in hotels as long as i have, i see the difference when things don't go right. trevis did an excellent job of fixing a wrong quickly and with ease. we encountered no problems at all. also the mattress were excellent and comfy. as we were leaving they got a tractor truck load of mattresses, replacement on a schedule instead of after wore out. another sign of a good hotel. this is also convenent to historic down town and they allow you to park your car for free and they shuttle you to the ship that is very nice also, great hotel!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has no ice maker
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Pooler, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked two NON-SMOKING rooms at this hotel last Nov. 3 through hotwire. I must say that the hotel has a great location, only a few-minute drive from Charleston Downtown.

We checked in late that night and were greeted by an unfriendly front-desk staff. He was on his cell phone when we stepped in and didn't look happy to see us. He asked to see my ID, so I showed it through the plastic sleeve of my wallet. He then got agitated a bit and said that he needed to have it. How would I know when he wasn't clear about what he wanted.

On the way to our room, the hallway all smelled smoke, and our room had strong cigaret smoke. I was deeply disappointed because prior to our stay, I called the hotel and specifically confirmed on our non-smoking room. The staff on the phone that day told me that all rooms at the hotel are non-smoking.

Despite a good location, I would never come back to this hotel because of unfriendly staff and dishonesty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tiffany B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Patriots Point, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments are very enlightening. I assure you all of your concerns have been addressed especially concerning customer service. As far as the smoke smell we are definitly a nonsmoking hotel and deter Guests from smoking in our nonsmoking rooms by charging them fines. I apologize for other Guests that don't follow the rules and you suffered for it. It is not normal practice for what you experienced and hope you will reconsider us again in the future because we do care and want you to enjoy your stay.