I am a fan of Best Westerns, enough so to stay at them in order to receive points over other hotels. I've enjoyed every Best Western I’ve stayed at and have been greeted with a smile and motivated assistance.
I hate to dime people out, but if I were an owner of a hotel I'd want someone to inform me of an employee that is not meeting the standard: The first thing my wife and I did after driving 4 hours to Charleston was check in to Patriot's Point Best Western. I walk in just after dark at about 7p.m. Nov. 21, and there was no one at the front desk (no bell ringer to make my presence known). I could hear someone in the back talking on the phone (according to his tone and the conversation topic I could tell it was a personal call). I called out "hello", but with no response. I decided to turn my back at the counter and watch TV until someone showed up. After about 3 minutes I turned my head and to my surprise the gentleman had returned to the desk and waited for me to turn around. He did not say a word to me, no greeting, no smile, and stared like I was interrupting him. I had made a reservation and we squared all that away, but did not inform me about the breakfast or any other amenities. Finally, I realized why he was staring at me like I interrupted him. As I was leaving he had picked the phone back up, walked to the back, and continued his conversation. His name tape spelled "Trevis". That was the only problem I had with my stay. All other employees were polite and helpful, especially the cleaning services.
If I return to Charleston I will most likely stay at this Best Western again-perfect location next to the bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests will enjoy this hotel's convenient access to the Charleston Historic District without paying downtown Charleston hotel rates. Located in the heart of Mount Pleasant, the Best Western Patriots Point is only minutes away from the beautiful Historic District where visitors can stroll along the cobble-stone streets, shop and dine in beautiful Charleston. Hotel guests will also find Patriots Point Maritime Museum, Fort Sumter and the Patriots Point Golf Course and Marina nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Patriots Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Patriots Point Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Patriots Point Best Western
- Best Western Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Best Western