“Great little place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
mt pleasant
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a very clean restaurant. The food was very fresh and authentic italian choices. I recommend the Florentine soup and would like by add that the prices are very reasonable. Overall A+++!!!

Daniel Island, South Carolina
“Italian Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Amalfi's restaurant is heavenly with homemade sauces, pastas and salads. Like being back in Italy!
Home grown atmosphere with amazing service - thank you Carlo.

Nice wine list and reasonably priced all across the menu.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Missed the mark!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I felt like Italian read the reviews on Amalfi's and thought that we would give it a try. We were greeted at the door by our server Shane. Very pleasant young man. Shane greeted us and answered all of our questions that we had about the menu. Bread and olive oil was brought to the table. The bread was cold and doughy. I would have expected warm sliced Italian bread. We decided on his recommendation for Calamari as our appetizer. The Calamari came out hot but flavorless. The was no seasoning to speak of and the marinara sauce was bland and lacked seasoning as well.
We had a Ceasar salad with anchovies on the side. I would have expected a chilled salad plate instead of a warm plate. It would have also been nice to have been offered fresh grated parmesan cheese for my salad. Our entree choices were Shrimp fettucinni alfredo and eggplant parmesan. The fett alfredo was excellent. The alfredo was definitely made to order. The eggplant parm was probably the worst I have ever had. I had three bites and pushed it to the side. It was clear that I didnt like my meal however my server didnt ask if I enjoyed my meal. He just picked the plate up and removed it from the table. Very disappointing!!! The restaurant is very small but seemed to have a good local crowd. Given that the place looks like it is patronized by locals I will give it another chance. Not impressed on our first visit. I will review Amalfi's after my next visit.

Visited November 2013
mt pleasant
“great food - excellent service - and some good ole music in the background”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

food was excellent, brandon ( our waiter ) very attentive...recommended the neopolitan strombili and nailed it. will definitely try it again....

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Thanks Trip Advisor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went here for dinner strictly because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Good Italian food, which is not always that easy to find. They have an upstairs, which is were we sat. The waiters have to go up and down the stairs with the food. Must be brutal on them. The restaurant is in a nice plaza and easy to get to. My only complaint is the place is a little too bright for me, I like a restaurant to be a little dark. Other than that, great food at good prices.

• Visited October 2013