“Wonderful pasta” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Bloomington
“Wonderful pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wonderful restaurant with authentic pasta. Wonderful flavors. Haven't tried the pizza yet. My only complaint is that they don't serve tap water. You have to purchase bottled water. I am a big water drinker, so that is not good for me. Otherwise, everything else is very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great crust, but NO sauce to taste or even see on the pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My favorite part of pizza is the sauce, and when my husband called to order (pick up), he inquired about the amount of sauce on pizza. He was told, "we've never had a complaint of too little sauce." Well, I was definitely anticipating a most excellent pizza, only to be extremely disappointed when not only was I unable to taste any sauce, I couldn't even see any on my pizza! This wasn't due to too much cheese; in fact, the amount of cheese was fine (I am not a fan of too much cheese), and the crust was actually divine, but due to virtually NO sauce, the pizza was barely okay. In the future, I now know that I need to ask for extra sauce at this restaurant, check the pizza before it leaves should it be take out to be sure there's enough sauce, OR just grab a piece from Costco, because they definitely aren't stingy with sauce. True story... :(

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Everything on the menu is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had the pizza on our first visit and loved it so much that we decided to expand our selections on subsequent visits and have not had anything that wasn't exceptional. Wish I could eat there every day!

Visited July 2012
Charleston
“Disappointing, over-priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Lured by a glowing review in City Paper, we visited La Pizzeria on a Sunday evening and found some things to like but were mostly disappointed and do not expect to return. Pleasant greeting on arrival, choice of tables. and interesting sounding menu that did not live up to its promise. The caprese had under-ripe tomatoes, and very average, milky mozzarella, the fried calamari were excellent but spoiled by the very bland and watery red sauce. Our second course was brought to the table before we had finished with the first course, making us feel rushed and unwelcome. The pasta on my spouse's veal parmigiana was not the one ordered, and the sauce on both that pasta and on the tortellini was way, way over-salted. The bolognese sauce on the gnocchi was far from the rich and flavorful treat expected. We also felt very strongly that the items were substantially over-priced for both quality and quantity.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“The Aroma, oh the Aroma, Don't Miss It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Yes, the place is small...but if you love amazingly simple good food, nice easy-going staff, and a great neighborhood restaurant, La Pizzeria is a can't miss. They have a nice selection of wine and beer, and a full selection of traditional italian dishes and pizza choices on the menu. My husband had the chicken special served with a mushroom sauce and over a risotto cake, he loved it! I had a made-to-order stromboli which was light and smoky from the wood fired oven - also totally yummy. We will be back, and hope you try it too.