“Great Stay, Great Service and GREAT STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Johnnie Dodds Blvd., Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
“Great Stay, Great Service and GREAT STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Am a regular at Holiday Inn's. This is one of their newer hotels. From start to finish, my stay was wonderful. When there was a mix up in my reservation on the Saturday evening, Bert the front desk manager was quick to sort it out. His professionalism, politeness and demeanor made it impossible for me to be upset with them. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, they get an 11. I will be using this hotel again and again. It is close to the Ravenel Bridge ( great walk early morning) and new park.
Downtown shopping and the Mount Pleasant Shopping center it is within easy reach. If you just want to stay in your room Whole Foods with their glorious salad bar and hot bar are just across the road..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites can not thank you enough for your kind review! We are very pleased that we excelled your expectations and look forward to your visit next time you are within the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holidays while visiting family in Mt. Pleasant. I was told this hotel had recently opened (November?). I was very impressed with this hotel, its rooms, and the guest service levels.

I stayed in a king room and the bed was fabulous. The room has well appointed furnishings, flat screen tv, and a large bathroom. My room was spotlessly clean! I must also share that the young man working the front desk (Jess?) was extremely helpful. He helped me with directions to restaurants.

Breakfast area felt like a restaurant and the choices for breakfast were plentiful!

I was very impressed by this hotel's recycling efforts. My congratulations to the owners for recognizing that being green is important!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, January 30, 2010
Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is proud to take part of the green efforts that the owners are instilling at the property. We take pleasure in serving our guest and hope that you will choose the greenest hotel in the area the next time you traveling!
Oak Ridge, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

I travel 75% of the time to various cities on the East Coast and generally try to stay at Holiday Inn Express. But I must write a review on the is hotel......outstanding. From the time I checked in last night (around 9:30) the hotel staff was extremly attentive, asking if I needed anything, how my room was, etc. However, that does not top the service I received this morning from Bret, front desk. I called around 9:30 to ask what time the breakfast closed and he said 9:30 but would call me back and try to make arrangements....let me remind you that I had the same situation sevearl times and most staff at hotels just say "sorry you missed it"....not here, he promptly called back and said they would make arrangements. So I hurried out of the room to find him waiting to direct me to the breakfast that was left out. Nice start to the morning. Then there is more....I called to inquire about the printer in the office area and mentioned it was on backorder but offered to look up each individual place for me and print directions. These are 2 areas of service that this hotel has been above the call of duty. I highly recommend this locaiton to any business travelers. Nice, well lit parking lot. Comfortable, well conditioned rooms. So very happy with the level of service that I will not stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, January 26, 2010
Western North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

This newly remodeled green hotel went far beyond my expectations for a hotel. When checking in, there was no record of our reservation, although we had a confirmation number. It seems that the 800 number used to make the reservation was a service used by HI, not HI themselves. This service booked us in the Holiday Inn that was two doors down, not in the HI Express. The desk manager, Brad, contacted the Holiday Inn to notify them that we were booked there by mistake and would be staying in the Express; thus, preventing any possible additional cancellation charges. He then upgraded us, gave us a discount, and all with a friendly smile and without being asked. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and tastefully decorated. As soon as we requested something, it was taken care of. We were right across the bridge from Charleston and all the shopping, sights, and restaurants. The free breakfast was typical continental style. Overall, this was well worth the amount paid.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mt. Pleasant, SC. We strive hard to provide excellent personal service to all of our guest. Our staff is very proud to be apart of the green initiatives in which are instilled at the property. We hope you decide to choose our property upon your next travels through the area!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

This was my first trip to Charleston and this location allowed us to travel from hotel to all our sightseeing venues in a timely manner. Easy to follow direction from hotel to interstate and highways.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! The brand new property is perfectly located to all restaurants, shopping & sightseeing venues. If you decide to come to the area for business or sightseeing pleasures the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is the perfect location. Thank you for all your pleasant comments. We look forward to seeing you next time on your journey!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

If you are staying in the Charleston area, this is the place to stay! It is a new hotel (opened Fall 2009). Needless to say, the hotel is in excellent condition. It is conveniently located to all the attractions in Charleston. The staff is extremely nice and service oriented. The continental breakfast is outstanding. I am a Priority Club member and stay in many Holiday Inns. This is one of, if not, the best!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, December 25, 2009
Thank you for your excellent comments about the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites! The hotel is conveniently located to all the attractions in Charleston and Mt. Pleasant. The staff is proud to serve our guest whether it is for business or pleasure. We look forward to seeing you next time!
Cheesehead snowbird
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

Arrived very late Wednesday night when Cory checked us in. His personality and warm welcome was refreshing after a long day of travel. Between AAA and a Vet discount, the $80.00 room rate was a great value! When we arrived to our room and checked out the craftmanship, and decorating of the room it truely was a PLUS! This now was a GREAT VALUE!!!
After sleeping in a very comfortable bed and a good night sleep, I was set for another day of travel. When Bert checked us out and offered us a bite to eat from a hot buffet our stay at this hotel was complete. All I can say is WHAT A VALUE for a $80.00 room rate!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
bgriggs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, December 20, 2009
We would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your stay in Mt. Pleasant. We love having the support of travelers such as yourself! We are very excited that you had such a great time and we are already looking forward to the next time you come to visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston? Share your experiences!