“Why would anyone go to a regular theater?” 5 of 5 stars

Cinebarre - Mount Pleasant
963 Houston-Northcutt Blvd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Beer & wine are available 7 days a week!Cinebarre - Mount Pleasant963 Houston-Northcutt Blvd.Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Cinebarre Mount Pleasant is ages 18 & up at all shows unless specifically noted otherwise.Minors are allowed if accompanied and seated with a parent; sorry, no children under 3 any time (except during Cry Baby Day).Open 365 days/year!Senior SundaysFive dollar tickets for seniors (65+) All shows - All day Every Sunday Surcharge fees apply to 3D films.Breakfast ClubNow serving a special brunch menu for all shows starting before 2pm on Sundays.Kids Eat FreeAll day on Mondays. All kids 12 years and under.$5 Ticket TuesdayAdmission to any showtime Tuesday is just $5! Excluding holiday periods and weekday openings. Surcharge fees apply to 3D films.College Night Wednesday$2 Domestic Drafts - All Day!
36 attraction reviews
“Why would anyone go to a regular theater?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I'm stunned by the 2's on this site. We've been dozens of times and have never been disappointed. You do have to understand that service takes a back seat to not messing up the movie experience, but they do it very well.

Bumblechick Food talks about how they maximize the experience:

Visited September 2011

6 attraction reviews
“Great Idea Poor Execution Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

My first time visiting this theater was today. There were two girls at the ticket counter, only one chose to speak to the people standing in front of them. I heard this was the place to see a movie, I was excited. I came here especially to watch a movie to get the "experience" of this theater. I went into theater 6 and sat down. I expected someone to come over and let me know what was going on, but no one did. I sat through the movie with no soda, no popcorn, no nothing. There were people to the right of me, and there was a girl who checked on them several times. She never came to even acknowledge me. I was alone, but did that matter? Did I do something wrong? Am I too ugly? Did I not look hungry or thirsty - well I better work on that because I was both. Do I sound bitter? There was nothing special about this theater to me, but I was not able to try the food or tell you about the service except for the ticket girls who were more interested in talking to each other than selling tickets.

“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The idea of this theater is great: watch movies while being waited on. They have a full menu with classic American pizza, sandwiches, appetizers, and deserts.

The staff fails to execute.

I arrived on a Sunday evening to watch the new film "Get Him to the Greek". I am new to the Charleston area and this was my first trip to Cinebarre. I approached the ticket booth and there were two young ladies just chatting away. They both refused to acknowledge my presence. After a minute of waiting I finally said "hi" to which the young lady simply responded "hi", then continued her conversation. I should have walked away then but I was in the mood for a movie. I do not like confrontation so I just stated my movie choice and she rang me up without even looking at me.

As you enter the theater there is a modern looking bar and the theaters are in the back. There was no one giving direction so I proceeded to find my theater myself.

Once I sat down I was greeted by my waitress who proceeded to explain the ordering process to me, then left me to look over the menu. The prices are a bit high for the quality of the food. In the meantime a large group was trying to find a row to sit. I offered my seat as I was by myself and I would simply move down a row. Once my waitress returned she asked why I had moved. I informed her of the matter and she then said "Well you are not in my section anymore so good luck being waited on." I was shocked.

The one saving grace of this theater was the young man who was my new server. He was very nice and offered some suggestions off the menu. The food arrived hot and he did an excellent job moving throughout the theater unnoticed as to not interrupt the movie for anyone.

The idea behind this theater is unique but the current management needs to remind their employees they are in the service industry. I would be embarrassed to be associated with this place. I would recommend trying this theater at least once. Maybe you will even have a better experience than me - it wouldn't be hard to achieve.

“We love Cinebarre!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Cinebarre is without a doubt our favorite place to watch a movie in the Charleston area. If you go during the week, they have ticket specials and every other day they have a military discount, which we really appreciate. The food is great, as far as bar food goes, and the portions are HUGE! Service has always been wonderful as well.

Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Not all it's cracked up to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I have made many trips to the Cinnebarre Theater in Mt.Pleasant, SC. I would guess that I have been there 20 times or so with friends and family and spent quite a bit of money. The last time I went I think I must have spend around $90.00 or so for food and tickets. That is not a small amount to spend these day with finances being the way they are.

I took my husband and daughter for Fathers Day and I was so disappointed. The food was so bad this time. The pizzas, when they finally arrived were cold and overcooked. I would say the food took about 40 minutes or so to arrive and we were so hungry by this time and I did not feel like arguing with the server in the middle of the movie. The appetizers were similarly disappointing. I think it is really important to feel like we are receiving value for money spent. I thought about this for a week or so and then emailed the company that owns the theaters. They did forward my complaints to the local manager who emailed me apologizing and promising me complimentary movie passes and a free meal. Weeks passed and still no passes. I did re-email the manager and that was 2 weeks ago and still no response.

I am so very disappointed in the Cinnebarre and their lack of customer service.and will use the other theater in Mt. Pleasant from now on.