You added Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant to your Saves list
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Bluffton, Sc
“No lobby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Convenient to getting onto bridge for downtn, convenient to Isle of Palms & Shem Creek. Off the main road. Inside: no lobby, not very inviting downstrs. Little kitchen in room, decent room - size of room, décor, bed. Breakfast bars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I apologize that you did not find our downstairs to be welcoming. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We didn't need an extended stay location but it had great rates so we decided to book it. It is a nice place, clean, and convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful! I would stay here again! Having a stove, refrigerator, and microwave was also handy!

Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with a clean, convenient stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and your fully equipped kitchen. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you are ever in the area and need a place to stay, I highly recommend this place. Very clean fresh and up to date. Friendly staff will help you in any way possible. And right near Downtown Charleston.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hubert – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to read your comments about our clean, fresh and newly updated rooms. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

In the big scheme of things, this hotel was about average. Do not come here expecting a lot of extras - there are none. You have to ask for shampoo at the front desk, you get the very basic wifi, breakfast consists of a 'grab-n- go' assortment of breakfast bars, etc. It's kind of like getting a ticket on an air carrier which charges extra for anything above the most basic needs. There is a small microwave in the room with two cups and two glasses. The TV gets the most basic of channels.

The main reason we came here was that it provided an inexpensive place to stay before we took Cub Scouts to Patriots Point. And it served that purpose. It would do well for families who are coming to visit their kids at the Citadel, too, (unless they jack up the prices for the big weekends.) The room was very clean but it had one trash can for the entire place. There were no USB ports to charge your tablets, phones, etc. The place was carpeted but the bathroom didn't even have laminate - it was an adhesive plastic floor covering.

So, get a cheap room online and bring your own shampoo; plan to go elsewhere or bring your own breakfast; bring plenty of chargers; bring games and books for the kids because there's no Nickelodean or swimming pool; plan to go elsewhere to hang out with friends and family because there's no lobby or a lounge. It's kind of like go camping at the beach: this place provides you a clean cheap place to spend the night but plan on going elsewhere for everything else.

Room Tip: Roll the dice baby! All rooms are about the same. Your goal should be to get the cheapest price be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the amenities in your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your travel needs. All of your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to hosting you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The staff were nasty down to the weekend manager on duty is non-exsistent, for renovated rooms entire place smells of musty mold, I guess its because of to much contruction groups, there was hair in the bathroom, and the hallways smells like people smoking pot. This hotel is a value compared to the rest of the area, the savings is not worth it.Don't bother staying here.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations and that our staff did not attend to your needs in a friendly manner. Please know, I am addressing your comments with the entire team and working with them to improve our customer service moving forward. As well, they are currently working to eliminate any odors from the hotel. I can assure you that we do not condone illegal behavior of any kind, and will also be taking action as needed based on your comments.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cmp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I made reservations here as my Citadel class was at the Holiday Inn Express next door and the rooms were sold out there. Check-in was not a problem and was given a ground floor room. I was informed there was a "grab and go" breakfast in the mornings, a WIFI password, and that I would need a room key to access the lobby after 11 PM as the front desk wasn't staffed. Also, as I was only staying there for two nights, I would get no maid service and if I wanted new towels, I would have to exchange them at the front desk.

The room itself was ok, but the amenities were few. For example, while there was soap in the bathroom there was no complimentary shampoo like most other hotels I have stayed in. The bed was stiff and the TV had the basic cable channels and Showtime. Parking was always easy and spots were available near the entrance most hours of the day. Even though I am an IT professional, I had difficulty connecting my iPad to the hotel WIFI. I went to the front desk and was directed to call an 800 number for assistance. I eventually figured it out and got connected.

The location was ideal as it is quite easy to get to/from the hotel on Highway 17. It is just off the bridge. Directly across the highway from the hotel is a grocery story and several restaurants to choose from.

The Grab and Go breakfast is coffee, cereal bars, and packaged muffins.

During my last night, I was awaken at 3 AM by an overly passionate couple directly next door, so the sound insulation in the rooms is not great. Considering there was no one at the front desk, I just let it be and fell back to sleep.

Overall, the price is good, the room quality mediocre, and the location perfect.

Room Tip: Choose one on a high floor away from others.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Bob - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our location and great price. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast, which is a new feature at our hotel. Still, I would like to apologize for the trouble that you had connecting to the internet, but am glad that our service line was able to assist.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Lake Barrington, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The room was adequate. My bathroom sink was clogged for 3 days, and believe me, it was looking and smelling pretty gross. When I told the manager they said it would be fixed. When I got back to my room that night it was still clogged. The next morning I spoke with a different person at the front desk. She said the maintenance person was on vacation and there was nothing that could be done! They asked me if I had tried to unclog the sink. Really? Finally the next day it was fixed. i guess they called in a back up. DUH!

When i contacted ESA they were gracious (gracious?) enough to send me a voucher for a free night at an ESA. Really? I would do that? I think some monetary compensation would have been more appropriate. Yes, they are very inexpensive, but buyer beware. You get (or don't get) what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Theresa - Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. I want to start by apologizing for not meeting your maintenance needs. Our goal is to make sure our guest are comfortable and any issues taken care of immediately. I was happy to hear that you did enjoy our location and would love to have you back as a guest again. Please understand that this is not the normal at our location, and we were in a bind when our maintenance man was on vacation. As soon as I was made aware of the issue I did call and get a maintenance man from another property to take care of the issue for you.

Again, I do apologize. If you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me at cmp@extendedstay.com

Been to Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant? Share your experiences!