“hotel needs updates and a good cleaning” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina

Save Saved
You added Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina to your Saves list
Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   20 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Mount Pleasant
“hotel needs updates and a good cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here several times since it opened but sadly this time we did not feel the hotel is worth the price we paid. Overall the hotel was not very clean, stains on the carpet, furniture and in the bathroom. The hotel looks dated and needs a face lift. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is in a convent location.

• Stayed August 2012

737 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here for 12 days to attend training that was being offered here. Whilst I found it a lovely place to stay, I need to make clear that I'm not sure I would have found it value for money if I were paying the full daily fee. I was lucky to receive a discounted room rate because I was part of the training delegation.

The sunsets on the 'beach' and the bar were spectacular. The service was also wonderful with all of the staff being friendly, helpful and prompt. I especially found the trolley car drivers very helpful. My room was spotlessly clean each day and I commend my housekeeper Heather for her work.

The room I had was a comfortable size with a king bed, two armchairs, a bathroom with a spa bath (a nice surprise!) and a view of the carpark. The only issue I had with my room was that the bathroom door didn't lock and often slid open- not a real problem for me as I was in there alone.

The food was good quality for hotel food and I found the breakfasts were good for the price. There were enough options to keep most people happy.

The free trolley service to downtown Charleston and Shem Creek was also great, saved a lot of money on taxis.

There is no fitness centre which i was surprised about. There are lots of places to go for a run nearby if you are happy to go outside.

My favourite experience was having a bonfire lit in the evening on the beach and I found out later that they also sold packages of things to make smores.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and can see it appealing to a range if people. But I would recommend trying to find last minute deals to make it more worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dalkey Dublin Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This visit fell way short of our expectations based on the previous reviews.
When we arrived we looked after our own luggage as there was nobody about to help. The view was worth the extra 70 dollars! Bathroom was very small, the door just about closed scrapping past the toilet bowl. Breakfast on the first morning was disappointing,staff seemed very casual. My husband found lipstick on his cup! When we returned after our long day in town we had to call room service to bring clean glasses, fresh cups for coffee, bags for the ice bucket and to replenish the coffee/creamer. The elevator was out of service when we were checking out and we rang for help with our luggage as we were on the third floor. A young girl arrived at our door and we decided that it would be totally unfair to have her try to lift a large,heavy suitcase down three flights of stairs. We cannot comment on the food as we choose to eat elsewhere. Not a good experience when costing over 500 dollars for two nights.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I came from Engjand and visited the Resort for the third time. The room had a wrap around balcony with great views and the weather during our four day stay was very good. William in reception and Tracey in sales were excellent. Breakfast was good value for money and nothing was too much trouble in the Reel Bar where the food and drinks were most enjoyable. Hopefully we will return.

• Stayed October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great place to stay in Charleston! Nicely appointed, clean rooms, amazing views. Check out the REEL Bar for an excellent poolside lunch/dinner. I travel to Charleston on business often and stay here every time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FOMCHRM, Front Office Manager at Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We are grateful for your recurrent patronage and certainly appreciate you promoting our property. We aim to provide a comfortable environment with consistent service, and are pleased to read of the wonderful assistance you continually experienced. We will look forward to your next stay.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Curry Dedman
Front Office Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a great place to stay when visiting Charleston. It is right across the harbor from downtown and has a great view. It is very easy to get downtown and anywhere around the area. Super location right by the bridge and USS Yorktown. My wife and I were visiting for our First wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted by Asia. She was very friendly and accommodating. When we entered our room we had a balcony with a nice view of the harbor and the pool. Also to our surprise we had a bottle of wine with a hand written note about our anniversary. This was very thoughtful and a nice gesture. The pool and beach area were very nice. The reel bar was also fun and nice amenity for the resort. Our bartender Shawn was great to talk too and very knowledgeable of the area. We felt very welcomed. The shuttle is a really nice service along with the water taxi. We had a great experience at the harbor resort and plan to return. The only negative is the rooms could use a little updating, but other than that great place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A perfect place to stay when in Charleston! We were in a standard queen room - 2 beds - with a balcony overlooking the USS Yorktown and the Ravenel bridge! Beautiful view - and in my opinion - choose this view - you get the harbor, downtown and the Yorktown and bridge! Very peaceful on this side, too! Staff at the resort were wonderful - Ollie the Trolley (even though it is a white van) - was wonderful. The drivers were great and in 15 minutes you were downtown. Very convenient! The water taxi was a great experience - $10/person for the all-day pass - but get ready to walk! You are about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the City Market from where you are let off! The USS Yorktown is walking distance from the hotel! Beautiful trails to walk. Especially close to the Ravenel bridge - walk at least part of it - if not the entire span! Views are breathtaking! The resort will take you to the bridge and return to pick you up! All the advantages of downtown Charleston with the peacefulness of Patriot's Point - Mount Pleasant! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony that overlooks the USS Yorktown/Ravenel Bridge! We were on the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write such a lovely review our property. The Charleston Harbor Resort certainly has some great assets like the Harbor taxi for a romantic dinner cruse to downtown for dinner, the complimentary "Ollie the Tolley" for the tip back to the hotel, as well as the beautiful views of the surreal surroundings in either the harbor view or yorktown view rooms. We feel we have some of the best views of Charleston available and certainly have the best for the money!

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Curry Dedman
Front Office Manager

Been to Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!