Nice place to stay at a reasonable price. It seems like an older "resort," but it was still a good stay (not the current types of resorts that I typically think of though). I got this stay through Priceline, however, they add an additional $12 resort fee. I think that is something that Priceline needs to work out because it was discouraging to have to pay more when I thought it was already taken care of. I guess part of the resort fee goes to a free 4-hour bike rental and a trolley to downtown Charleston.
The front desk asked if I'd like to upgrade with a better view, but for $35-$45 more and the only time I'm in my room is to sleep or get ready, I didn't think it was worth it because I don't stare out my window. You also have to pay for WiFi.
It has a great location between the downtown Charleston area (5-8 minute drive) or Sullivan's Island (10 minute drive) or Isle of Palms (10-15 minute drive). It does not have it's own beach, so you'll need transportation to get you to one. But it has a pool.
The grounds were clean and quiet. The room was brightly decorated, clean, and did the job! However, the shower curtain smelled moldly/sour and the A/C fan was going all night. Some may like that to reduce any outside noise. I didn't hear any other hotel guest, but not sure if that had to do with the A/C or if the walls are thick.
Overall a good place to stay, saved me hotel money, and I was able to have some Charleston fun without breaking the bank. I'd stay there again if that is where Priceline gets for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the Charleston Harbor lies a hidden oasis. The Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina is a harbor front sanctuary that allows you to relax your mind, explore your imagination, indulge your senses, and invites you to relive the historic past that is Charleston. With its uncommon blend of unique low country culture, exciting downtown revelry, and resort style pampering, the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina offers a vacation experience like none other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston Harbour Resort And Marina
- Charleston Harbour Resort & Marina Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Charleston Harbor Resort Marina
- Charleston Harbor Hotel Marina
- Hilton Mount Pleasant