“Great hotel with nice staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt. to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   196 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Mount Pleasant
Lake City, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel with nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had stayed here before and the place is still very well kept with a great group of people running it. Good location just across the bridge from downtown Charleston. All the staff was very friendly and polite and the room was very clean. The breakfast area was well kept and clean with a decent selection of items to choose from. We really had no complaints and would definitely stay again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent a week at this property in October 2012 and here is the review of my stay.
When I checked in I was given room 333. Upon entering the room it smelled badly, basically it just stunk. I returned to the front desk and spoke with the gentlemen on duty and asked about changing rooms and he stated "they all smell like that just turn on the air conditioning and it should clear up". I further mentioned to him I was sold a bridge view but my view was obstructed and asked could I move on down the hall, in hopes of a room without a foul odor and a better view, he stated "if you move any further down you will hear every car that goes over the bridge". He never offered anything. Obviously he wasn't about to make any attempt to change my room and I had to deal with the odor, which got a little better, but I detected it all week. The least thing that could have been done would have been to offer to spray the room.

The housekeeping services was terrible. Mainly my room attendant didn't do anything but grab the trash and make the bed and leave.

My room wasn't vacuumed all week long as I could see the same stuff on the floor.

I have attached pictures that will show you the following -

Black mold in the refrigerator

At least a year of dust on the bathroom lights, two pictures one where I had wiped my finger across to show the dust.

What appeared to be mold on the ceiling in the bathroom

Water / soap splatters on the bathroom door which were never washed off. I checked and they did wipe off easily.

Ratty torn shower curtain

The pictures are not the best, from my phone.

The toilet seat was dirty upon check in.

Other incidents that made the trip worse -

I had to request the room attendant change the sheets on day three as she was starting to make the bed up without doing so. I understand the Green policy but three days is the normal change date at most facility's.

The staff allowed a boat and trailer to consume six parking places nightly in the central lot and caused others to have to park by the dumpsters. I realize they were most likely full but the boat should have had to been placed down by the dumpsters and not infringe on other guest taking up six spaces. When I spoke to the front desk gentlemen, the same one as the odors, he commented "I totally agree with you" and that was it. Apparently his method is to pacify folks with words they want to hear and take no action on anything.

The Wifi in my room worked rarely. The desk folks said they would reset it on three different occasions but I finally gave up on it.

The best asset in personnel would be the wonderful lady that cooks the breakfast, shes a winner for guest excellence.

To sum it up the room was not up to standards, and definitely not worth the $109.00 a night I had to pay for the week. I hate to sound like a complainer but it is what it is.

I would have actually moved out and not stayed there but other properties in the immediate area were full during that time. I feel at this point in time my money was wasted.

I contacted the General Manager and received an email stating basically that they dropped the ball and offered me a one nights stay for my inconvenience. I spent a lot of money that week with them. I returned the email and asked for two nights complimentary due to the amount of problems and the amount of money I was out and have never heard back from him.

Since October 2012 I have sent 6 emails inquiring why he would not respond to my email counter offer and still nothing as of 1-4-12.

My suggestion is check your room before you agree to stay here. The clerk himself even stated that all the rooms stunk. Look at the pictures I have attached and you will see for yourself.
Don't waste your time staying here. In my opinion its a over priced, dirty, hotel with a manager and staff that could care less. There are many hotels in this same area to choose from.

This was a big full weekend for them and they knew it as this event was booked months in advance. One would think you would put on your best for a large crowd. If this is how they prepare for a huge full house I can't imagine what they would do at other times.

Room Tip: Check the room before you agree to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pepperell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and i had a weeks stay at the Wild Dunes, on the Isle of Palms in Mt. Pleasant, SC. during our stay my husband was put into the hospital due to Pneumonia for 8 days. I had to check out of the condo on monday and had to find a hotel. I found the Quality in directly before you go over the bridge to Charleston, I was very impressed with the location and it was convient to the hospital in Mt. pleasant and even closer to downtown Charleston. I was greeted by the manager Lisa, who couldn't be nicer, not knowing how long i would be there she said not to worry fortunatly it was there slow season so if I needed more than a night or 2 they would be able to accomate my needs. She even helped me discover some neat places in the area, even offered me help if my husband needed to stay longer than my travel plans allowed, fortunatly he was able to get released thanksgiving day so we were able to keep our original flight plans. The rooms were nice with a good bed and an excellant hot breakfast. I highly recomend staying here when you are visiting the Charleston area, for those that like to take a run in the am or pm there is a very nice trail that goes through Patriot Point and also a golf course called The Links at Patriot Point. Very reasonable room rates vs. staying downtown and traffi is easy and shopping more than you can imagine all around you!

Room Tip: you may want to request a suite, very nice and roomey
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Summerville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfy. The front desk staff was great. All was well until I went for breakfast. There was a nice little buffet-style breakfast but there was no fresh fruit. I asked a lady that was part of the kitchen staff if she had an bananas and you would have thought I ask for a million dollars. She rudely said, "We don't get those anymore". I said okay thanks. I then asked the same lady what to do with the tickets that were given to me for the breakfast. She, again, was EXTREMELY RUDE and said that i could put them in the box just like everybody else. I was blown away by the complete rudeness. She was apparently having a bad day and had no else to take it out on. After all was said and done she made the comment later to have a blessed day. How can my day be "blessed" with this rude lady being the first encounter of the day? I am glad I depend on God for blessings and not a lady who is unhappy at work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

For a Choice hotel, this is one that pays attention to detail and tries to give you a little bit of 'fancy' for your money, compared to many other Quality Inns. The lobby is beautiful, the staff are wonderful, friendly and informative. Our room was very lovely and comfortable, and the breakfast was by far one of the best we've had at a hotel chain of this value. The 2 kitchen ladies are a hoot and made you feel like family. We looked forward to breakfast each morning, just to see what they were up to that day! Although without a view, this hotel hotel is right next to the bridge and so close to the marina. It is also close to area restaurants and attractions, without having to be in downtwn Charleston. We will definately choose this hotel again, if we are in this area again.

Room Tip: Ake sure you visit the breafast ladies!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you don't want to spend all your money on a downtown Charleston hotel room, then this is the place to stay. Its right at the foot of the Revenal Bridge so it literally takes 10 minutes to get downtown. Its in Patriot Point which in itself has many excellent tourist attractions like the USS Yorktown. You can also do Fort Sumter tour from Patriots Point. Hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. Room was a typical Choice Suites type of room but we don't spend much time in the room so its perfect for travelers who are busy visiting sites all day. Breakfast buffet was good. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had the best experience this place had a very good price very clean and a great breakfast. It is also very close to charleston. They had just painted all the doors and the carpet seemed real clean as did all the hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.

Address: 196 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
#8 Family Hotel in Mount Pleasant
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt. Hotel Mount Pleasant
Quality Inn And Suites Patriots Pt.
Quality Inn Patriots Pt
Quality Inn Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant Quality Inn

If you own or manage Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.