I was expecting this to be more more of an upscale Inn, and although Wendy at the front desk was absolutely charming and helpful, the rest of the hotel was disappointing enough that I would definitely seek other accommodation next time I am in the area. But my biggest complaint would be the actual cleanliness of the room and the way the beds were mad, not to mention the sheets and the towels, which all smelled of industrial cleaning powder. I understand why when we arrived the mud made it very difficult to approach the hotel: they said they had just added gravel ... but they had made no effort to let their guests know of a way to enter without getting dirty... at least a sign saying "sorry, we are doing some constructions" would have been nice. The hotel looked to me as if it had been abandoned, or is being sold to a new owner and it is in that in between stage when no one really cares. I still have a hard time with the way my bed was made: no one pulled the fitted sheet like they do in other hotels, where it becomes crispy looking, but they just pulled the covers back up! And the blanket had stains on it. I cleaned hair from the bathtub... I don't like writing bad reviews but something needs to be improved in this establishment. Its location is great, one can drive to Charleston within minutes and also is close to all the other the islands... I didn't have a way of knowing what channel was what on the TV... it does have wifi which is important. It just had the feel of an old HoJo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service. We are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc