Stayed at Shem Creek Inn for a wedding in the area Friday, October 17,2014. The parking lot is a big mud hole. No way to get into the hotel without going thru mud. We booked 2 marsh view rooms. Checking in took a very long time and staff seemed confused. Once we finally got to our "marsh view" room, we were disappointed to find the room over looking the parking lot. Didn't see a marsh from our balconies. The other room was dirty and the carpet on the floor was wet. This hotel is extremely over priced. Will not stay there again and definitely will not recommend to family and friends. Very disappointed in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service. We are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Reservation Counter, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc