A 5 star hotel it is not but it did suit our needs. We had 6 women ages 42 - 72. We had 2 rooms. I checked the beds when we first checked in and 1 room had dirty sheets on the beds. I called the front desk and reported and the sheets were changed right away. Otherwise the rooms were clean and a bit worn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is small but there is a continental breakfast. We got there first thing and the selections were Krispy Kreme doughnuts, grits, oatmeal, and bagels. There are 2 kinds of cereal. Tea, coffee and juice. The juice was very watery. More water than juice. Not many places to sit but you can take it back to your room. We had a small refrigerator and microwave in our room. We also had a small coffee pot. Our balcony faced the marsh and parking lot. If you are going to be in your room alot, I would suggest paying the extra money and getting the creek side room. Ice machines available as well as vending but not many choices. We wanted to stay an extra night but there were no vacancies. The evenings were very quiet and we had no problems with noise. We were in rooms 101 and 105. Right near the lobby. Lots of information about the area attactions available in the lobby. Plenty of parking. They have a pool but I do not think it was open yet. I would love to stay here again and would highly recommend this place. Very accessible to downtown Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service. We are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc