We were fortunate to stay here during the off-season. Creek front end room was reasonably quiet during our weekend stay until Sunday morning with early arrivals for oyster roast in the shared parking lot. First clue about the expected crowd was the police presence to direct traffic/parking. No doubt the noise level and rowdy behavior increases on summer nights since this area is popular with twenty-somethings. Vickery's next door and Red's across the creek are hot spots with the young crowd. Enjoyed strolling the boardwalk over the marsh and watching the sailboats, kayaks, etc. On-site continental breakfast was sparse, lucky to grab a cup of hot coffee. Nice getaway for couples but wouldn't recommend to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service. We are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc