If you are looking for a quant off the beaten path hotel this is the place. Stayed for 4 nights (1/21-1/24/12) and the view of Shem Creek is wonderful. The staff is very friendly. The hotel itself needs updating and repairs as any of its age would but it is very clean. The continental breakfast is the bare minimum but the atmosphere makes up for that. I recommend trying Vickery's bar and grill next door for a wonderful meal. The bed was the most comfortable of any we stayed on during our 8 day trip down the coast. If you are looking for upscale this isn't for you but if you want friendly and comfy I highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service. We are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc