But not so much in the guest care area. On every occasion the staff could have made a difference for a guest -- they avoided the opportunity.
Our room was fine - great view. But balcony door was jammed and lock broken. To open a the patio door, we really had to struggle - even to close it again. Very comfortable sleeping accomodations and room size; expected a bit better though in the feeling of safety/security.
Still, the service was less than great. During the continental breakfast hours -- the few items offered were often empty, and left guests wondering if they would even get some milk, or some butter -- even napkins. No one at the front desk -- though it was right there, would ever step in or pay attention. We noticed this daily. One would have to approach the front desk to request something, and it just seemed so awkward.
Not a very comfortable area to have a continental breakfast in, but when in season the weather would permit outdoor seating which would help.
Nevertheless, the staff was not very approachable. They would respond when asked a question -- but even a simple question like information about an area activity, left us feeling like we were imposing. The only truly friendly people I encountered was the housekeeping staff.
Not that the staff was rude - just "not into us" or any of the guests from what I could see. Too bad for those who chose to work in the hospitality industry -- but worse for those of us who could have been made to feel a bit more comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc
- Shem Creek Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service. We are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with GCommerce Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.