“Nice Room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant

You added Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   299 Wingo Way, & US 17 Bypass N, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Piedmont, South Carolina
“Nice Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our room was nice and adequate. Not good with leaving the guests with enough towels, they never replenished coffee, no extra sugar for coffee, and not a lot of room around the sink area. Coffeemaker really should not be kept next to soap & toiletries. For 3 nights we were only supposed to use 1 coffee packet & 2 cups. They never gave us new soap either. On the better side, the bedding was very clean, and for a "dog friendly" hotel you never even smelled a hint of "dog" in the room. It was a nice place to stay, and I would stay there again, but I will ask for extra towels and coffee next time.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is the easiest to get in and out of. We had the third floor and it was a hike to get to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is in a suitable place, because you can easily reach Downtown Charleston by car.
The service was good and the receptionist was very gentle.
A continental breakfast and wi-fi are included. There is also an automatic laundry.
The pool is small, but quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've stayed in better choice hotels then this one. It was just ok. Looks they have done some remodeling but they really need to finish. We stayed on 2nd floor and it smells like smoke in hallway. Rugs probably should be replaced. My kids went swimming in their pool and it needed to be cleaned. There were cig butts all over the deck. Ugh. Breakfast was ok just like any hotel. Only stayed for one night and if I had to stay longer, I would stay else where.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have always booked our hotel after checking the reviews here at TripAdvisor. Never once have I been disappointed till now. So much so that I had to write my first review. We booked a one night stay at this hotel the day before our travel. Got there at 7 pm, traveling with two little kids. Got up to room 220 and the minute we opened the door the most rancid smell came out of the room. We went to the desk to request a change of room and was told that the hotel was full. The attendant at the desk said that she would send an ozone machine to clear the air which I knew was not going to help. Sure enough when the maintenance came up with the machine and came in the room agreed that this machine was not going to help since the smell was so strong. There was no way that my family and I could stay in that condition so we left the hotel and had to drive 30 miles out of the area to find accommodation since everything was full in town. This caused a lot of inconvenience for myself and family. This whole thing could of been avoided if the staff in charge of house keeping and the management bad done their job inspecting the rooms before assigning them to the guests.

• Stayed July 2013
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I apologize for the problems you had during your stay. We appreciate your feedback because it allows us to know what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I regret that the room you were provided was not satisfactory for you and your family. We hope that if you visit our area in the future you will give our hotel another chance.
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

What a great deal and nice place. I could not be more happier with the room we received. Also pervious reviews mention the front desk attendant named Carol, yes she really is as great as they make her out I be. I would hire her in a skinny minute to work in my hotel. She was so sweet and helpful and just really easy to talk to. She really wants all her guest to feel comfortable and she did exactly that with me.
We were traveling with our dog and needed a pet friendly property. I sometimes wonder if we are going to get a not so nice room because of this but that simply was not the case. The room was clean and well decorated. For the rate we got the room, I feel like it was a good deal. I will be staying here when I return to the area. Thanks again Carol... Your awesome!

• Stayed July 2013
Mankato, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went to Charleston for 3 nights for vacation over a weekend. Originally, I really wanted to stay downtown in the historic district, but almost everything was sold out or very expensive. You also have to pay for downtown hotel parking. Due to the deal I found on their website, I ended up choosing this Sleep Inn. It was located right across the bridge, and was very easy to go downtown, Patriots Point, Plantations, beach, etc. (and again.. in and out with free parking). The front desk was very accommodating. The breakfast was pretty good. Only complaint was they advertise having eggs, and they never did. The hallways and rooms could use a little clean up attention. And the rooms are small. And the bathroom is super small. (toilet and stand in shower..only one person fits in the bathroom), and 1 sink and mirror outside the bathroom.) We had 3 teenagers with my husband and I. With the double/double beds and rollaway, we could barely move. But as I told my kids, we really are only here to sleep. I would stay here again because of value, cleanliness, breakfast and location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you and your family had a enjoyable stay at our hotel. We hope that when you visit our hotel in the future that you will choose the Sleep Inn in Mount Pleasant.
Kannapolis, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If your in town and you want to go to run the Bridge, go to the beach, and tour charleston in the evening on a budget this is the hotel.

wake up in the am walkout of the hotel turn right walk or run to the Charleston bridge, take you some water with you.

Come back to the hotel get your beach stuff, drive 20 mins to isle of palm beach relaxe on the beach for 3 to 4 hours. get back to the room take shower
drive 15 mins your in downtown charleston.

oh you get a free breakfast, this is the only hotel i found that your in the center at a good price.

My only complaint is the hotel room only have showers and not a bathtub, so you can't take a hotbath, or bath the kids at night.

but all in all this is the center and a great price hotel. worth the stay if your on a budget

Room Tip: My tip is wake up early get all your activites done, because at night time there is hardly any parki...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed our convenient location to local attractions. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!