“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant

You added Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant to your Saves list
Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   299 Wingo Way, & US 17 Bypass N, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Mount Pleasant this past weekend on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel was at capacity as in was Bike Week in Charleston. Yay. The rates were sky high but it is at the height of the season.

The room was a little tired as was the bathroom. My mother commented that she remembered staying at this hotel when it first opened (when I attended the College of Charleston almost ten years ago). I can only guess that the hotel has only been refurbished once or twice since then. The beds were a bit too firm. The walls and ceilings are paper thin. You can hear people slamming their doors all down the hall. On Saturday night, the people above us were having what sounded like a dance party. I was minutes away from calling the front desk to complain when they quieted down.

I didn't have any issues with the wi-fi; a little slow but hey, it's free. We didn't use the swimming pool. Breakfast was OK with the obligatory waffe iron. I thought it was a little sparse otherwise...biscuits with gravy and sausage. Only two kinds of cereal though which was a bit disappointing. But once again, it was free.

Now I had issues with the smell. Supposedly, our floor (and room) was smoke-free. The hall reeked of smoke the whole time. Even my mother who has a notoriously bad sense of smell commented on it. When we came in late on Saturday, our room smelled like smoke as well. Not cool at all.

The staff was 50/50. The girl who checked us in was polite and professional, but somewhat disinterested and uncommunicative. She appeared so because the other desk attendant was very enthusiastic while telling another guest about the various hotel amenities. That's how I heard about how to access the wi-fi because our desk attendant didn't bother to ask if we wanted access it. I think ours told us about the ice machine and the swimming pool, but that was it.

I had further dealings with the staff when I left behind a library book after checking out and when I called to see if it had been found, I was told that she would inform housekeeping and call back IF it was found. My mom ended up calling back and asking for the manager, who very obligingly, went to our room and found the book. When I arrived, I discovered that the desk attendant was the same disinterested girl who checked us in. Someone on their toes would have a.) found someone to cover the desk while going to check for the book or b.) would have gotten the manager in the first place. So as a warning, check with management if you have any issues arise, as they seem to have it together. I do appreciate that the manager found the book though; it was very kind of her to do so.

All in all an average stay. It wasn't the best I've ever had nor was it the worst.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room so you don't have to deal with any overhead noise. But please, be awa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reivew our property during your stay. I do apoligize for the few issues that you had during your stay. I will address the issues with our staff. Our number 1 goal is to make sure that we give 100% when it comes to customer service. I am happy that we were able to retrieve the book that you left at our hotel. We hope that in your future travels to Charleston you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We came for a short weekend to relax in Charleston and Sleep Inn in Mt. Pleasant gave us a great place to stay. We were able to take a short drive down the street to see the USS Yorktown battleship and very short distance to everything in downtown Charleston. All the staff were very friendly and made sure that we were comfortable. We would love to come back here and stay again on our next weekend getaway! Great service, great price, and very closely located to all major attractions in Charleston!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting our hotel and our beautiful city. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and had time to visit some of our historic landmarks while you were here. If you ever return to our area please come visit us again.
Claremont, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Location for those visiting Mt Pleasant is excellent. Service was friendly and effective. Was in my room within 10 mins after arrival. Continental breakfast was good. Will definitely stay there on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our property. We always offer all of our guests fast, friendly and professional service. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and hope that you will stay with us in the future.
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Super value. About a $100/night (Fir., Sat), including taxes.

Location: Very, Very quiet. Cul de sac. No issues with safety or security. About a 5 - 7 minute drive to the water taxi. Only a few minutes to the best restaurants. Hint: With the road construction, bring your GPS.

Staff: Excellent in every respect, especially Carol, at the the front desk. She was so cordial and a wealth of knowledge.

Room: Spacious, clean, LCD flat screen TV. Wi-Fi was a little up and down, sometimes a bit slow. However, we do our research prior to our arrivals and like to avoid our iPads when on vacation. So, no real issue for us.

Breakfast: Good. A bit better than we expected.

Construction Workers? We stayed at this Sleep Inn weekend before last and didn't notice any "apparent" construction guests. The hotel seemed at capacity during our short visit. And from our observations and short visits with other guests, 95% were tourists like us, who were looking to avoid the outrageous prices of Charleston hotels/B&B's.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TinaWitherell, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We were happy that you were satisfied with the location, rooms and our staff. Carol was delighted to hear about your compliments about her. She does go above and beyond and leaves every guest with a great impression of the hotel and the city. We hope that you will share your experiences with your friends and family. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel in Mount Pleasant, S.C.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

lots of construction folks stay here it appears. keep everything locked up while you sleep, we had our cooler taken from the back of the vehicle.
we had issues getting a roll out bed. so whats the big deal with roll outs? I didnt want another room, I just wanted a roll out and was willing to pay. Morning staff was nicer then the evening staff.
Location is good. We got charged for the safe and marketing, is this normal..... I will find out and let Y'all know.

Room Tip: review bill before leaving for home
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We did find a cooler that was left in the parking lot by a departing guest and someone returned it to the front desk. I am not sure if this was the cooler that you were talking about. The safe fee can be removed without hesitation upon request if you do not use it during your stay. The marketing fee is a fee that is charged by the city and 100% percent of that is given to the city for marketing purposes. This can also be removed upon request. Unfortunately we only have 3 rollaways on property and on the weekends when we have a lot of sports team and tourists they go very quickly. We sincerely apologize that we did not have one available.
We hope that if you visit our area in the future that you will consider staying at the Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant.
Miscouche, Prince Edward Island, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Made the mistake of booking this hotel *prepaid non-refundable* for three nights in a non-smoking room.

This review is written on the first night and let me start by summarizing with two words: Carpet Fresh. OMG, the smell absolutely permeates the room. While I can excuse outdated decor and poor craftmanship, I can't forgive soiled carpet, dirty windows, finger-printed furniture, smeared mirrors and overall poor housekeeping.

Sorry, but for $100+ per night, no matter what the zip code, one should get better than this.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

We came to Mt Pleasant for a short trip. Good location and less expensive than nearby places. Comfortable accommodations with breakfast included. Biggest aggravation was poor WiFi. Signal reads as good connection but doesn't maintain a reliable connection.

Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our property. We try our best to go above and beyond the expectations of our guests. I am glad that the bed was comfortable and you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Also we are delighted that you enjoyed the convenience of the shower. We hope that in your future travels to our area you will stay with us again and recommend us to your friends.

Been to Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!