“Basic BBQ Joint Worth a Try” 3 of 5 stars

843-761-5440
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Columbia, SC
“Basic BBQ Joint Worth a Try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I was disappointed that there were no spareribs.The BBQ was basic pulled pork. The fried chicken was deceptively good. It looked dry but was quite moist and tasty. The baked chicken was equally good. The waitress that tended our table was attentive and quite pleasant.

Visited September 2014

Denmark, South Carolina
“Great Vinegar Base Barbecue Pork.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Paul, who lives in Moncks Corner, brought two pounds of barbecue pork to share with us hammock campers Friday night at Huntington Beach State Park. He told us it was a vinegar base preparation. We had hamburger buns and served ourselves. The meat was delicious and did not need any additional seasoning or sauce. I had two sandwiches. What is great about the barbecue is that it is not all completely shredded from chopping and separating. It is all good meat. On my way home today from the beach outing I stopped at Brown’s for their Sunday buffet (about eleven dollars and change) since Moncks Corner is about halfway home for me. The owners were sitting and eating at a table by the entrance and greeted me. I told them about Paul bringing barbecue pork to our outing and how much I enjoyed it, stating, “That is why I stopped here today to enjoy more of that barbecue.” I tried several items from the buffet, but frankly the barbecue remains the best part of the meal for me. Next month when I return to the beach I will stop here on the way for a pound of barbecue and indulge.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Great Service. Great food. Favorite place in Monck's corner! Best bbq around, cups were never empty.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good variety of sides and good BBQ.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We had not eaten here for a long time. Had forgotten how good the vegetables and other sides were. The BBQ is a little hot but is good. Great place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bonneau, sc
“Yum, Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Enjoyed this place very much. BBQ is the best in the area. The side dishes are all very flavorful and prepared with good old southern taste. First time in my life that I have ever eaten rutabagas that were good enough for seconds...they were fresh picked and prepared the same day. The other meat choices are well prepared and very good. Great iced tea!

Visited April 2012