“A place to get good Mexican food.” 4 of 5 stars

El Maguey
420 U.S. 52, Moncks Corner, SC
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“A place to get good Mexican food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I do not think there food is as good as it use to be but still good. My wife and here entire family likes to order the whole fried. fish (head and all). I cannot do that but they LOVE it. I have been pleased with everything I have ever ordered. The salsa sometimes has a soap taste so I cannot always eat it. All of the other food I have tried has been great. For years I would not eat Mexican food but I like it and eat it now.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, New York
“Bug in my water glass.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I have been to this restaurant 3 times for the good food. Today I had a bug in my water Wings and all.When I brought it to the servers attention he silently took the glass and brought me fresh water. .No
I'm sorry, no complimentary dessert or compensation in any way. Bad customer service, bad business and just bad behavior. Made me nauseated

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“A home town favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant many times as it is in our hometown , you will always get fast service and hot food ! Everything tastes good ! Consistent quality !

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
conway, sc
“Delicious food & Great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a nice surprise in little Moncks Corner. We were traveling through and stopped for an early dinner. Chris, our waiter, suggested the table side guacamole as an appetizer and I am so glad we took his advice. He made a great one in a genuine lava bowl--nice and chunky with tomato, onion, cilantro and lime. It was only $5.99! And we had plenty to take home for later. The trio of tamales were delicious and I love that they have vegetables! Not just peppers and onions that you can get as a side. It was a great experience and the food was delicious.

• Visited June 2013