“Room 136” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manning
Hernando, Florida
“Room 136”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I wish I had taken my phone and taken some pictures of the bathroom in room 136. The tub was filthy, the rod holding the shower curtain looked like it was coming off the wall. The wall was all cracked up. It looked like moisture was a major problem. The walls looked like they had been repaired multiple times with no luck. There was a smell of mold in the room that I did not like. Glad it was only for one night. Travelling with a little dog it has been a very convenient hotel to stop at. The last few years it has gone down hill (judging from room 136) Needless to say we are not coming back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
kush2005, Manager at Days Inn Manning, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I want to thank you for letting us know of the problem that you had with your room. We are working on the repairs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lacey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The room had a horrible smell, like molded carpet. I sprayed Lysol thinking it wild get rid of the smell. I feel asleep for an hour and woke up because of the smell. I don't like to complain so I sprayed some of my Victoria secret. That made it worse. I then call the front desk to ask for another room, needless to say the new room has a stronger odor!!! I planned to stay 3 nights but I has to check out early, I couldn't stomach the smell!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Room was is to close to the road all you hear is the passing of the cars & trucks we could not get to sleep until about 11:30-12midnite because the head of the bed is @ the road we were in Rm.200 sleeping was very hard also there was a crack up in the ceiling,the bed was very uncofrontable not enough pillows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Arrived in Manning & although there were other motels right in the area we had a coupon
from the travel booklets you pick up along the way.
Checked in & went to the room. It was just passable, very old, but we had just driven 12 hours & were exhausted. We should have left right then, my mistake! Brought in my husband's oxygen & just our few necessities.
Figured OK just a few hours of sleep. We decided right away we wouldn't shower
here(ugh) just brush our teeth & leave in the morning.
Let me say I always bring a sheet & my own pillow & cases. I put the sheet over the bedspread
& about 11 PM we fell asleep only to be awakened by itching, jumped up & looked, you got it!
BUGS!
I tried to call the front desk oh the phone doesn't work, ok used my cell. Went to the front desk
got the clerk to come see my find. She agreed BUGS.
She asked me if I wanted a different room, no,no,no. I wanted a refund & to leave asap.
She agreed to the refund, but I soon discovered it would only be half what I was charged. When I questioned speaking to a Mgr she said he was in Tenn. She very nicely gave me a card so I could write a review. So here I am.........
I packed our stuff in the car at 12AM & we left.
I must say the clerk was very nice about the whole thing but no authority to make things right
with a full refund.(I will pursue this further of course).
So, ask yourself what did they do after we left? Did they take care of the situation or just put some other unsuspecting souls in that room. I think I know the answer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fall River, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stopped over here on our way to Florida. Despite the scary reviews, I booked this room for our stay. The hotel was in a great location off the highway.. tons of food places to choose from if your hungry. The staff was wonderful, really nice and helpful. The room was clean, despite a weird smell and the ac blowing out "stale" air. The breakfast was moderate, the kids got some fruit and bagels to go. For the price and location, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
kush2005, General Manager at Days Inn Manning, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us hope to see you and your family real soon Thanks again we enjoyed having you

Been to Days Inn Manning? Share your experiences!