“Excellent stay overall” 5 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manning
“Excellent stay overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

Stopped here on our way down south after checking out several places that were disappointing, we found a coupon in the hotel discount book and were very pleasantly surprised, extremely friendly staff very nice and clean rooms and a free full hot breakfast. We loved it so much that we stayed here again on our way back up north.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed one night on our way to Washington DC and glad we chose this hotel. It is very affordable and the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the free breakfast was good, especially the waffles made to order. The staff are all very friendly and honest, we forgot a bag in our room and they called us to tell us we left it. I would stay there again. Also close to 95, but not next to it, so you won't hear the traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
N.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Baymont in Manning. While the hotel is an older one, it has been updated and is very nice. Our room was clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed the nice breakfast. Besides the usual waffles, cereal, etc., we had scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. Also, the price was reasonable. We will definitely stay there again if we are in the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Maumee, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

On trips between Virginia and Florida home I have found it difficult to find a reasonably priced hotel that is dog friendly. From coupon in Motel book we decided to try this Baymont. First time for this hotel and we were very pleased. Large enough room, very large grassy area to walk my dog and eggs on breakfast buffet. I was leary because alot of "pet" rooms have dirty carpet and smell. This one was very clean, no odor and my socks stayed clean! That is always a big plus for me. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Plymouth MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I had been looking for a good hotel in the area to stay in when going to/returning from, Florida. For the past four years I'd tried several and hadn't been happy. BTW, I travel with a small dog.

So this April I tried the Baymont Inn and Suites in Manning, South Carolina. It was PERFECT. The room was spacious, the hotel clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of green space to walk my dog.

I now have a place to always stay in when traveling to and from, Florida. Because I use this guide myself, I felt it important I let other travelers know. This is a great hotel at a good price, and good for pets also.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly and discussed price
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

We attempted to stay at a neighboring hotel and got stuck at the Baymont out of sheer desperation. We should have kept driving. The motel has exterior corridors, a tiny swimming pool (that we never would have dared to swim in), and is unkempt from the outside. The room was very dirty. The shower was heavily soiled on the floor and the shower head was rusted and disgusting. The doors and walls were stained and blackened with grime and there was a sizable blood stain on one wall. The beds were old and lumpy and the pillows were limp and strangely damp (maybe from humidity?) to the touch. There was also an odor of vomit near one of the beds. Additionally, the insulation is poor and the rooms are very noisy. We could hear the conversations and televisions of multiple neighboring rooms. This is, by far, the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Avoid this place and keep on driving to Santee or Florence for a better option if you cannot get a room at the hotel with the interior corridor across the street.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Georgiatraveler31, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Manning, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Jakes Mom:

We certainly apologize for the several problems you encountered during your recent stay. There are no excuses for the several issues you encountered and the dirty room you experienced. As we are an exterior corridor property, all of our rooms are drive up which may have contributed to the noise you experienced. Please contact us directly at the property so we can make this right. We obviously do not want any of our guests to be dissatisfied. Please contact me directly at the property and we will find a solution that we hope will renew your faith in us as we obviously erred. We have addressed these concerns to they can be prevented in the future.

I look forward to speaking with you soon to rectify this to your satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems

Andy Patel
Akron, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Based on the reviews we thought this would be a great place to stay overnight. When we went into the "non-smoking" room the stench of cigarette smoke was over powering. On top of that, the bedding was either dirty or old or both and the room wasn't very clean. We immediately returned to the front desk for a refund and went to another hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Snowbird...

We sincerely apologize for the cigarette smoke you experienced after checking into our hotel. We have both smoking and non smoking rooms and being an exterior corridor property, sometimes other guests do smoke around non smoking rooms.

I apologize you experienced that and I hope you did not have too much displeasure in checking out. Please contact me so we could perhaps offer you something to give us another try. I will personally make sure your room is the best.

Please contact me so hopefully we can earn your business.

Andy Patel
Manager

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manning? Share your experiences!