“Green pool and rude desk clerk” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Camden West Inn & Suites

You added Camden West Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Camden West Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 US Hwy 1 South, 3 miles off I-20 exit 92, Lugoff, SC 29078   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lugoff
Huntersville, NC
“Green pool and rude desk clerk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm sorry, but this place needs some serious work. The inn itself was o.k....the beds were comfy, but apart from that, there were issues galore. Our room keys didn't work - not once, but twice; we had no wastebasket or toilet tissue in the room. The pool was bright green - not blue - refreshing, but a bit scary. The woman at the desk was unfriendly and outright rude on more than one occasion. A month prior to our visit, I had reserved a room on the lower level by the pool, at an agreed upon price. When we checked in, we were told that there were no rooms available on the lower level or by the pool. Also, the woman at the desk told us that the reservationist had given us the wrong price, so we had to pay more. I really don't like to complain, but I would not recommend staying here unless you are desperate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

First stayed in this hotel 22 years ago. It was a Holiday Inn. Loved the pool. Over the years we stayed here as it change names. A few years ago it looked like what it was, and older hotel. Stayed there last weekend. For the money it was a great value, fresh paint new bathroom counters and fixtures,
clean
Shower fixtures could stand upgrading. Pool was great. Personnel helpful and friendly Will definitely stay again. Big plus for us, you can park right outside your room and they allow pets.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I were quite pleased with our accommodations and enjoyed the friendliness of all the staff. When the first key for our room did not fit, a staff member was johnny-on-the-spot in supplying another key and actually came and unlocked the door befor surrendering the good key. We appreciated her help and friendliness. We also enjoyed the healthy continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I attended a family reunion that was set up a year ago when the hotel was named Quality Inn and is now Camden West Inn. The rooms were acceptable, breakfast wasn't good, the dining room was closed down, the air conditioning didn't exist in the banquet hall and they were conserving the lights where ever possible. My family endured the heat. Upon leaving, I found that my new shoes were missing. When I asked at the desk, if they were turned in, I was told NO and she didn't bother to check with the staff. She was very rude. Next time I will check the reviews. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to include a review.

Room Tip: I stayed in #103 off the parking lot and away from the bar and pool area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Another name change, from Quality Inn to Camden West Inn. Change will probably take place in March.

Room Tip: ask for down and out
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

“Very Nice Hotel”

My family and i stayed here labor day weekend ,we had a great time.The rooms
were very comfotable.The front desk was helpfull.The continental breakfast was tasty as well .I would stay here again a nice experience.My wife and i loved there kareokei night at the bar name PLUMS it was a blast. i love travel to the Lugoff area ffrom time to time .We will see you all again soon.Thanks for making our experience away from home plesent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My family and i stayed here the weekend of the fourth of July,we had a great time.The room s were clean and comfortable.The front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful.The continental breakfast was hot and tasty .I would stay here again a nice experience.My family and i travel to the Lugoff area three to four times a year.We will see you all again for Thanksgiving.Thanks for making our home away experience feel like home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Camden West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!