“One of my favorite outdoor spots in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Gardens, Outdoors
Carolina Shores, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite outdoor spots in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have lived in the area for almost six years and just discovered this great place only a year or so ago.....it is beautiful. There are trails, marsh lands, oyster beds -- a little bit of everything. I love to run here -- it's the closest thing we have to real trails around here. My husband and I had anniversary portraits done this past September and this is the location we chose as there are so many different backdrops. So beautiful and peaceful.

Visited September 2012

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Lovely, peaceful, natural setting. - A Must See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I are Myrtle Beach snowbirds and always make it a point to visit the Vereen Memorial Historic Gardens 2 or 3 times during our stay. Just a very short drive from North Myrtle Beach (maybe 4 miles ??). As you enter the gates and drive to the parking area, you will see the family cemetery on your right. It's worth a stop there to see the memorials for Vereen family members, and Vereen veterans of the Revolutionary War as well as the Civil War. At the parking area are covered picnic tables, swings for the kids, fishing dock, and the beginning of the boardwalk that takes you for a lovely stroll through the marsh, to a path through a wooded area, and that takes you to a second boardwalk. All along the way, you can enjoy the sounds of the birds in the area, see boats going by on the intracoastal waterway, and people fishing along the bank.

Visited January 2013
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great boardwalk through the marsh and nice trails in the woods. Great place to have a picnic style lunch.

Visited December 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“nice quiet nature walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

easy walk on boardwalk & trail around a small marsh, picnic shelters with parking close by. cons - popular place for walking dogs

Visited August 2012
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Absolutely beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am hesitant to tell everyone how nice this setting is as I really wish I could keep the secret (selfishly). It's a lovely setting going down to the Intracoastal Waterway with picnic tables, swings, walking trails, nature spots, etc. I go about once every 2 weeks to walk my dog along the trails. When it cools off in the fall I plan to pack a lunch and go sit down amoungst the trees with the breeze from the water.

Visited July 2012