“bad odor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River

You added Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   722 Hwy 17 North, Little River, SC 29566 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little River
florida
“bad odor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Front desk staff nice but does not overcome bad smell of rooms on the north side of hotel.Hotel needs to be refurbished.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Average hotel on the shabby side. Very weird smell. People in front desk were quite nice. If you add the cost of breakfast for four, the place is not such a great value compared to other places where breakfast is included.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I want to start by saying that we arrived very late on our first night and due to mix up with the Holiday Inn reservation system we were assigned a king bed when we were supposed to have 2-queens. We had 4-adults traveling together so the king bed would not work for our sleeping arrangements. The gentleman behind the desk did everything he could to help but due to the hotel being sold out and us arriving late we had to stay in the king room. He got us extra blankets, pillows and anything else we needed. He additionally gave us free breakfast coupons in their restaurant which was much appreciated and made sure we would have 2-queen beds for our 2nd night of our stay. In the morning I spoke with the General Manager about our reservation issues and sleeping on the floor. She seemed very uninterested in our issues, like she had more important things to do. After moving to our 2-queen bed room on Saturday the rest of the trip was enjoyable and the hotel was satisfactory. I would recommend that if you have any issues, the front desk staff seems to care more about you then the management. Additionally the hotel was very clean and only a short-drive to the beach. With so much to do in Myrtle Beach we did not spend much time at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Just like most, we got this via priceline for a great rate. It's nice because its off the main drag so if you want peace and quiet you can find it here. Minutes from beautiful cherry grove beach, outdoor pool, great staff, on site bar with happy hour, wonderful Italian restaurant next door.

Don't spend all your money at another hotel... save it to spend on attractions and dining... this is your home away from home... and your escape from the crazyness of myrtle beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

What i looked for at first in a hotel was of course one right on the beach. I couldnt get one for a price i could afford, so i looked elsewhere and at first i was disappointed to find that priceline put me in the Holiday Inn Little River. However, when i got there, i was pleasantly surprised by a confident, competent staff and a clean and updated hotel. The hotel restaurant was pretty good, and the location isnt bad. What i liked was we were far enough from the hordes of people that clog up the Kings Highway, which made it quiet for us. I think my only dislike would be a lack of a mat or something in the elevator, so that you dont slip and fall after some wet folks from the pool go upstairs. My 3 year old fell and screamed like a banshee all the way up to the 4th floor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on quick notice in May when my air conditioner broke in my vacation home. The Holiday Inn was an excellent choice at 10:00 on a Thursday night without a reservation. I stayed in a room wiht 2-queen beds that looked great. The room was spectacular and well worth every penny spent. The only negative I could say is that the staff could be more professional and focused. The girl behind the counter was not focused on providing excellent service. I would definitely stay here again and can tell you that the rooms look very highend. I did not eat in the restaurant and left early the next morning. However this was better then what I expected. I would recommend others to check out this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Monroe, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I don't even know where to begin. My 'now' Husband and I arrived at the hotel around 3am on Saturday ( My husband works the 2nd shift). They put us on the 3rd floor in a Kings Suite. I was excited I'd have a view of the harbor. Yeahhh.. Negative. Once we got off the elevator we were blown away by the smell of past smokers. The room had cigarette burns all over the tub. There was no view of a harbor, but only a parking lot. Needless to say, we were tired and figured we would handle the concerns the next morning.
Went down to the front desk. Long story short. Spent over an 30 minutes trying to get us moved. I'm highly allergic to smoke to only find out then that the entire 3rd and 4th floor used to be smoking but now are non smoking. They have done no renovations to correct the horrific nastiness of smokers.
I had to get my parents and my inlaws moved from the 3rd floor to the 1st or 2nd before they all arrived. That was another task in it's self. So they were all put on the handicap hall. Awesome I tell you.
They moved now husband and myself to the room 201 on Saturday afternoon. The room's a/c didn't work, the room was for a handicap person so the bath tub was crazy full of metal rods so I barely had enough room to move in, there was no cold water. And best of all. The morning of my wedding I went to curl my hair. And the ONLY outlet in the bathroom next to the mirror was blown.
I got back home to find out the hotel pulled out another night's worth of money out of our bank account. So it took me 2 days after getting married to straighten that. It's been a nightmare.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River? Share your experiences!