“A good place for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   722 Hwy 17 North, Little River, SC 29566 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Little River
Bloomington, Indiana
“A good place for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

What i looked for at first in a hotel was of course one right on the beach. I couldnt get one for a price i could afford, so i looked elsewhere and at first i was disappointed to find that priceline put me in the Holiday Inn Little River. However, when i got there, i was pleasantly surprised by a confident, competent staff and a clean and updated hotel. The hotel restaurant was pretty good, and the location isnt bad. What i liked was we were far enough from the hordes of people that clog up the Kings Highway, which made it quiet for us. I think my only dislike would be a lack of a mat or something in the elevator, so that you dont slip and fall after some wet folks from the pool go upstairs. My 3 year old fell and screamed like a banshee all the way up to the 4th floor.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on quick notice in May when my air conditioner broke in my vacation home. The Holiday Inn was an excellent choice at 10:00 on a Thursday night without a reservation. I stayed in a room wiht 2-queen beds that looked great. The room was spectacular and well worth every penny spent. The only negative I could say is that the staff could be more professional and focused. The girl behind the counter was not focused on providing excellent service. I would definitely stay here again and can tell you that the rooms look very highend. I did not eat in the restaurant and left early the next morning. However this was better then what I expected. I would recommend others to check out this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Monroe, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I don't even know where to begin. My 'now' Husband and I arrived at the hotel around 3am on Saturday ( My husband works the 2nd shift). They put us on the 3rd floor in a Kings Suite. I was excited I'd have a view of the harbor. Yeahhh.. Negative. Once we got off the elevator we were blown away by the smell of past smokers. The room had cigarette burns all over the tub. There was no view of a harbor, but only a parking lot. Needless to say, we were tired and figured we would handle the concerns the next morning.
Went down to the front desk. Long story short. Spent over an 30 minutes trying to get us moved. I'm highly allergic to smoke to only find out then that the entire 3rd and 4th floor used to be smoking but now are non smoking. They have done no renovations to correct the horrific nastiness of smokers.
I had to get my parents and my inlaws moved from the 3rd floor to the 1st or 2nd before they all arrived. That was another task in it's self. So they were all put on the handicap hall. Awesome I tell you.
They moved now husband and myself to the room 201 on Saturday afternoon. The room's a/c didn't work, the room was for a handicap person so the bath tub was crazy full of metal rods so I barely had enough room to move in, there was no cold water. And best of all. The morning of my wedding I went to curl my hair. And the ONLY outlet in the bathroom next to the mirror was blown.
I got back home to find out the hotel pulled out another night's worth of money out of our bank account. So it took me 2 days after getting married to straighten that. It's been a nightmare.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

This hotel met all of our expectations for a Holiday Inn. It was clean and comfortable and well maintained. Staff interaction was minimal but adequate. The hotel sits next to a yacht club on the harbor at Little River. It is not a far drive to the busier North Myrtle Beach area or even to Ocean Blvd. Little River is a more laid-back area. Restaurant was nothing major but the food was fine. There is a restaurant next door but we did not try it.

Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
stuart, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

The hotel is located at the marina with a beautiful view. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was extra clean with a flat screen. Not only was the view great from the back, it was quiet. A 10 out of 10.

Lane Stewart

• Stayed May 2010
mt. pleasant, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

My young daughter and I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites to attend a dance competition in Supply, NC (about 30 minutes away). Check in was efficient. We were given a room on the 4th floor, where I've read it is pet-friendly. If there were pets staying there, they were very well-behaved. We never heard or saw any evidence.

Rooms on this floor were non-smoking but the hallway REEKED of stale cigarette smoke. However, the room itself did not have any "off" aromas.

Our room was plenty spacious for the two of us, though we were just there for the beds. It would have been fine for a longer stay as well; however, if we were there with the rest of the family, space for clothing may have been at a premium.

The bathroom was pretty standard with a tub/shower combo, vanity and toilet. It all was nice and clean. My only issue was that conditioner was not part of the "toiletries" set. There was shampoo, soap and lotion. I asked at the desk for conditioner and after taking a look, the clerk said there wasn't any. Towels were big and thirsty.

As for the beds, the mattresses were firm and the pillows were squishy. Both of those suit me just fine. The sheets weren't top-notch - they seemed a bit pilled or something, as they weren't really very soft. But all in all, I was comfortable in the bed.

My daughter and I had breakfast both mornings at the hotel "bar and grill" restaurant. It seemed a little seedy, but the food was fine (I had the "best 4 value" breakfast of any-style eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast - not much to mess up there). The waitress (had the same one both days) was tremendously friendly and interested in my daughter's dance competition.

Our only REAL complaint with this hotel was that the walls and doors are pretty thin. Noise in the hall was clearly heard in our room. People walking down the hall at 3:30 am - speaking in normal, conversational tones (not the hotel's fault, but when one is walking through a hotel in the wee-hours, it should be common courtesy to speak in hushed tones...) - woke me and my daughter from our sleep. The next morning, we were awakened very early - before 6 - by someone knocking on a door down the hall. Soundproofing would be a big boost to this hotel.

I cannot comment on location as we didn't do anything in Myrtle Beach or Little River. It was a pretty short and easy drive, though, to Supply, NC where a dance competition is held every year. I would stay here for that purpose again.

• Stayed April 2010
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The parking was great, staff was friendly, room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River? Share your experiences!