“A shell of its former self” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 171 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
“A shell of its former self”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I consider myself a wing connoisseur - I have been to wing joints in over 40 states - and this used to be my favorite wing place. Beyond Blistering was my favorite! At this visit it seems like CW&R has kind of given up and don't care about quality anymore. They have closed many locations over the last few years and I can see why. Sad.

Visited September 2013

Lexington, South Carolina
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have given this poor excuse for a wing joint several chances but no more. The food isn't bad, but it's not good enough to overcome the absolutely horrible service and even worse attitude of the management. Considering I have had some good experiences with other locations in the Columbia area, so I guess the Northpoint location is where the franchise ships their misfits. I suggest either the Red Bank or West Columbia locations rather than this one.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, South Carolina
“Not so HOT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We tried the place last evening. Pretty dark and no patio. I had the HOT and the CAJUN wings. The wings themselves were rather large....the good news....but both flavors were horrible. How exactly a wing joint serves a bad HOT wing is beyond me. I'd be willing to try another flavor or 2 but so far I'm disappointed. My wife and her friend had the app sampler and the salad bar. Both were just ok. We'll return but with lower expectations.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, South Carolina
“Good wings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering we were immediately told there was a 25 minute wait unless we set at the bar. We sat at the bar where our needs were attended to fairly quick. My husband ate off the bar which he liked but the choices were very limited. I ordered the garlic Parmesan wings which were pretty good but I personally prefer a Wild Wings. Overall it was average

south carolina
“Used to have great wings.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The last time my wife and I ate there, the wings were too fatty and not enough chicken. They looked big, until you bit into them. The atmosphere is more for watching a football game than eating.

Visited October 2012